Driveworks Oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up about 25 of these for $1.60 a piece with AAP's coupon codes.

The guy at the counter was like are you opening up your own oil change shop or what?

Good to know they are decent enough filters!

I purchased one of these and the button valve part was not welded properly. I also noticed the center core was bent in places toward the ID on its end. I took it back to Advanced Auto for a refund.

After seeing the quality of these filters, I'd happily use these filters over anything else for the price. Better than the old TotalGrip from first appearance!

Originally Posted By: Paulson

The guy at the counter was like are you opening up your own oil change shop or what?

Wouldn't you want to know that before you bought 25 of them?

Originally Posted By: steve20
Originally Posted By: Paulson

Wouldn't you want to know that before you bought 25 of them?
For $1.60 I didn't really care... they were my 5K filter choice but now I know they're stout to go a little longer.

I plan on taking a few apart once I get the chance to run them.

^As long as you store them properly(no moisture, extreme temps etc, put them in a plastic back air tight as possible etc)...other than that how long before you go through all 25 filters? I'd put a 3-5 year limit on mine from what I purchased it, depending on filter and storage habits. Just my preference.

They are sealed at the bottom with cellophane and besides I have them in my climate controlled basement. 6 of them went to my dad and the rest are for my fleet of 3 cars (and my neighbor's truck with the same engine as my suburban)

I'm a hoarder if I can get it for the right price!

Less expensive than Classic, though perhaps not with current Classic $1.50 rebate. However, unknown efficency rating with the DW as compared to Classic too.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: walk23
Good filter, better buy than a Pure Classic

I'll still buy the AMERICAN MADE Purolator Classic. One of the reasons our economy is in the shape it's in is because so many of our manufacturing jobs have gone to CHINA!!!
49.gif

Originally Posted By: kender
Originally Posted By: walk23
Good filter, better buy than a Pure Classic

I'll still buy the AMERICAN MADE Purolator Classic. One of the reasons our economy is in the shape it's in is because so many of our manufacturing jobs have gone to CHINA!!!
49.gif

+1....stay away as much as possible fron foreign made products (i.e filters). Although it might be made to Puro specs...you don't know effeciency or the filter material used.

Purolator Classics and PureOnes are made in North Carolina (in the good old USA)....and with the current rebates....can be had for just about as cheap as the foreign (China) made filters. They are a proven entity....and by buying them...we keep American workers in paychecks.

NEXT FILL: Mobi1 1 0w20

We have exactly zero--,ZERO information on the filter's efficiency--and people are ? lining up ? to buy them. Then, in the same breath, they'll dis a FRAM.

Ludicrous--and I don't mean the rapper

We have exactly zero--,ZERO information on the filter's efficiency--and people are ? lining up ? to buy them. Then, in the same breath, they'll dis a FRAM.

+1.....Exactly.....couldn't agree with you more.

People line up at the doors for wix and napa filters... the ONLY number on a NAPA filter is "19" for microns... and they have ZERO information as far as percentages. Oh, and WIX says 21 microns... yet no percentage. yet you still complain about the driveworks???

09.gif

Just going by the construction of the DW filter, and then adding in it's lower price I would take it over an orange can.

That said, it is true though that are no efficiency ratings for the DW, which leaves doubt about it's filtering quality.

But as for comparing it to a Wix or Napa Gold, I wouldn't do that. Afaik, the Napa Gold is identical to the Wix with the exception of the name on the can. And, the majority of Wix filters list the beta's as a part of the pop up part details, like the 51356 shown here. So while the Wix/NG boxes may not list efficiency, by accessing the Wix website they are easily found. Not so with the DW filter.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Originally Posted By: sayjac
Doesn't look like Chinese junk.
21.gif

No it looks decent. I'm trying not to put Chinese parts on my car though.

Personally I'd rather spend $2 each more and keep an american in a job. I have been building up my stash of filters and I always check to make sure I get the American made ones. Some new Delcos are made in Europe. For one of my applications the Wix is made in Korea. That shocked me. No more Wix for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back