Drill hole location for rustproofing. Buick Lacrosse

Hi,

Thanks for letting me join the site.

I have a 2013 Buick Lacrosse with low miles. However, I have had an issue with rust on the rocker panels. I noticed that almost all of these cars have an issue in the same location. I do rustproofing every year, from a guy who uses wool wax. But obviously it did not help in this location.
So, I am taking the initiative to do the rocker panels myself. I do remember that certain rustproofing locations drill holes to access hidden locations. I did this with 1 hole, it kind of worked, but the location had 1/2 of the hole with the frame behind it. So any thoughts on where to put the other holes? I have a pic attached with the current location where I drilled and plugged.

The other images are for reference of where should I drill new holes?

Thanks for the help!

IMG_0762.jpeg

IMG_0761.jpeg

IMG_0760.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: D60
I use to go to a CarWell shop in Western NY and they seem to know where to drill holes along the door sill. They use a 36" wand. They would often remove rear lights and spray from back there. Unsure if they had to drill any holes back there.

Another guy shoved a wand up the drain holes and sprayed that way without drilling any holes.

There is really no additional holes that I can see below or above. I know that the rust proofing / Krown drill holes and spray inside these locations. I might ask them to see if they would have any thoughts.

Thanks!

All of the above comments might apply, even the foam filled one. Variations exist among vehicle brands and models.

Here's my Krowned 2013 Patriot front door with three holes on the front door, and one more high up just below the A-pillar. The rear door has two holes (back and middle). The back door is They have different wands and can fog their product. I have a picture somewhere using the Krown oil on an outdoor HVAC unit showing it creeping about 8 inches from the original application site. My foam filled older Caravan rocker panels rotted out at about 11 years (no Krown).
1718022756238.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep!

That’s what I am referring to. But my first hole is not where it should be. - BLAH… I think..

Anyway, will do a bit more research and talk to the local Krown guy.. see if he will give up his trade secrets.

Thanks all.

Back