don't let your kids play with tablet/smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy [censored], better retire the prius it probably emits more radiation than most cell phones.

My father in law neighbor died of brain cancer. he had a cell phone business I believe. He died in his 50's and claims the cell phones were responsible.

I remember back in 1999, I got my first cell phone. Man, that thing got so hot when I used it, my ear was on fire. luckily, I cancelled my cell phone. I didn't start using cell phones again until around 2005 prepaid. then I got into smartphones in 2013. I can definitely tell a difference between 1999 and 2013 technology. I use speakerphone when I talk alot to keep the phone away from my head. I use wifi calling on republic wireless.

Last edited:
Since you mentioned this, this is the current WHO's position on RF vs cancers. I wonder why we don't hear about it from the news?

Quote:
Lyon, France, May 31, 2011 The WHO/International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as possibly carcinogenic to humans (Group 2B), based on an increased risk for glioma,a malignant type of brain cancer, associated with wireless phone use.

http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf

The funny thing is, the interphone study showed decreased risk of brain tumors with mild to modest RF doses, but increased risk in the highest dose group:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20483835

This is not unlike ionization radiation effects that are harmful at high levels and possibly protective at low levels.

So, if the telecom industry wants to prove the microwaves are harmless, all they need to do is to exclude the highest radiation cohort from their studies. They apparently have been good at it.

Now, my initial interest in this area had nothing to do with cancer. The blog I linked mentioned cancer only tangentially by bringing up the story of US Embassy in Moscow irradiated with microwaves by Russians.

This seems a good area to quote Arthur Schopenhauer:

Quote:
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Over and out.

My router has been about 3' away from me for about 10 years now, maybe more. I spend a lot of hours in the office 7 days a week. Maybe I should up my life insurance a little.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

This seems a good area to quote Arthur Schopenhauer:

Quote:
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

That's funny that you choose to include this "quote" from Schopenhauer, considering its association to him is disputed.

You included a quote about truth and associating it to Schopenhauer isn't... true. It's kind of poetic given the rest of the "truths" in this thread.

These devices do not emit ionizing radiation, thus they should be safe. And things like routers, which are distanced a good way away from you most of the time, put dispersion on your side.

That said, there always is stuff to learn and see, and in the big scheme of things, we haven't been playing with these devices tethered to our bodies for that long. Time may well tell if there is something to be concerned about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back