Dont drink and do chainsaw maintence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Used oil will gum up the chain oiler like you wouldn't believe.

I find that hard to believe. Used oil goes through a lot of torture in my engines without gumming up. Why would it gum up a chain oiler?

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Chainsaw maintenance is a 1-2 PBR job for me. Brakes and tuneups can be a sixer depending on how stuck things are.

LMAO, PBR ?? if thats yer poison, I find Bud-Light is best when wrenching.

Originally Posted By: punisher
In college (circa 1987 or so) I pulled into our driveway of our rental house. I couldn't help notice the ambulance in our neighbors driveway. According to a chatty EMS employee it was a a riding lawn mower accident. I wondered what got cut off, finger, hand or toes? Later that night I found out it was indeed a lawnmower accident. He was very, very drunk. He was mowing next to the house, leaning over to check his clearance to the foundation and fell off, bashed his head on the brick siding and fell off the mower. The mover continued on it's merry way across the street and ended up in the parking lot of a restaurant. Motorists that had to stop to miss the traveling mower figured something was wrong and called 911.

And, I just got a CS-450 yesterday, and I am looking for something to cut down.....anything.

I knew a guy that tended to mow around midnight after 20-30 or so beers earlier in the day/evening. He'd have a beer in the cup holder and a beer in his hand, riding around the back yard with the lights on. I always waited to hear a story like this, but it never happened.

On a side note, I don't know how people can consume (rent?) that much liquid, let alone that much beer.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Chainsaw maintenance is a 1-2 PBR job for me. Brakes and tuneups can be a sixer depending on how stuck things are.

LMAO, PBR ?? if thats yer poison, I find Bud-Light is best when wrenching.

Tough economy, plus I'm cheap....... haha

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Used oil will gum up the chain oiler like you wouldn't believe.

I find that hard to believe. Used oil goes through a lot of torture in my engines without gumming up. Why would it gum up a chain oiler?

It won't. Cheap old farts use it all the time, and it is going through a pump made to push 30 wt with tackifiers. Just the same I use bar oil.

Everyone who puts much time in on saws has gotten the oil in the gas, and vice versa at least once. I don't even have to be drinking to be confused.
happy2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back