Does position of vacuum port for power brake booster matter?

I have a 2002 Sienna which I ordered a power brake booster online. I was told that it fit my car. But when I got it to install the vacuum Port was on the opposite side of the OEM part that was in the car.

Does that make any kind of difference or can I just get a hose to run the extra 6 inchees and it should work fine?

Run the hose - the vacuum source from the engine is what matters, that is the port about which you should be concerned, not the vacuum inlet on the booster itself.

Run the hose - the vacuum source from the engine is what matters, that is the port about which you should be concerned, not the vacuum inlet on the booster itself.
Okay. Thank you. The port on the booster is orientated the same as on the OEM part its just on the right side rather than the left.

I have a 2002 Sienna which I ordered a power brake booster online. I was told that it fit my car. But when I got it to install the vacuum Port was on the opposite side of the OEM part that was in the car.

Does that make any kind of difference or can I just get a hose to run the extra 6 inchees and it should work fine?
NOPE...

Just make sure you use "real" vacuum hose, not something like fuel line that can suck in on itself and block flow.

Did you install the booster 180 degress off...?
No. The OEM vacuum Port sits on the upper left side (as you look at the front of the booster) on the face of the booster and the opening is orientated up. It's the same orientation for the aftermarket, only the port is on the right side of the face

Back