Does fuel get injected upon deceleration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK if you say so, I've never experienced any "dragging on", without a problem...

Originally Posted By: TFB1
OK if you say so, I've never experienced any "dragging on", without a problem...

Do you run an aftermarket tune?

If so the programming for the throttle (and more) could be dramatically different.

My car is a completely different animal with the factory tune, very inhibited and tentative. With my Diablosport tune it becomes "alive" with throttle response and shifts that are very much like a well tuned car of the old days...

Only aftermarket tune is the custom one in the Marauder, it cuts fuel completely on deceleration above approx 1500 RPMs... BUT I don't see any drive-ability differences in it, vs the other 30-35 EFI Fords I've owned in the last 20 years... None have "dragged" the car unless it had a issue, which again is usually vac leak, TPS, IAC or maybe a sticking EGR valve...

For the most part all these vehicles were/are 4.6, 5.0 & 2.3(Turbo) T-Birds, 4.6/5.0 Grand Marquis and 5.0 & 5.8 F-150... If you guys are talking about other cars with ½ or ¾ engines, well I haven't been there...

I do have a 4.0, V6, 2000 Explorer that just joined the troops(at least till I can sell it), but it doesn't have any noted issues either...

On the Hyundai Genesis Coupe the fuel does not get cut 100% on decel. The duty cycle of the injects drops to under 10%. An AF gage or the O2 readouts go to 0 though but it is out of their range I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back