Does anyone really like this Turtle brand product?

... cause I'm not that impressed.
Talk about being thinner than water.

20240416_191236.jpg

Last edited:
I do like "TurtleWax ICE Seal & Shine" quite a bit and I like the reviews from the YouTube professionally detailers who have a disclaimer that they are not sponsored by the MFG.

I picked up 5 bottles at OLLIE'S(closeout store) for $5/each. If you don't know or have OLLIE'S in your area, it's like BIG LOT'S.

TWIS&S is/was about $10-$12 a bottle at Walmart(in store) the last time I saw it there but I never see it there any longer.
However, I have seen it at Walmart(online) for stupid money($16-$24 a bottle).

And it's $13.99 a bottle at Advance Auto Parts in which you can use discount code#'s and SpeedPerksDollars in order to reduce the price. So, I did well at OLLIE'S!
I know there are better products at a higher cost but I am happy with the "TWIS&S" until I run out of product.

"phenomenal"... seriously?
Yes, do some YouTube reviews from professional detainers. They put different products on a tapped off hood of a car with all of the products labeled. They let all of the products cure according to their directions. The detailers start attacking the hood with all different harsh soaps & chemicals to see which ones give up first.

I’ve never messed with their ceramic type product's. Have always used their original stuff, and they always work perfect every time.

What are you using these day and what is the cost? :)
I started with Griots 3 in 1 and like it a lot. Lately I've been trying out some of the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions products after receiving some promos and have found them just as easy to use as the Griots. I use these brands now because they are easily accessible, easy to use and give me the results I am looking for. As to cost, I buy the Turtle Wax products online from their website. They run promos all the time with free shipping. Griots I pick up locally at either Advance Auto or Autozone and depending on what product I buy, anywhere from $12 to $20.

I’ve heard the TW Flex Wax with Graphene is good. Can be used in direct sun and claims to have good durability. I use Megs Xpress wax by the gallon weekly so I don’t worry about durability. Can also be used in sun. My favorite TW product is wax as you dry, easy to use and no streaks.

^^^ I've used TW Wax-as-U-Dry and many other similar quick detail products with good success. However, the TWIS&S last waaaaay longer. It just seems to have a tighter bond to the paint. Even months later when I start to rinse the dirt off of the vehicle before washing, the water is beading as if I just applied it even over the top of the dirty vehicle. And with the TWIS&S, every time(even months later) when I've gone outside to get in my car and it's rained out, I am surprised how the paint is still beading water.

IMHO, you can use any of these quick detail products as a "Wax-as-U-Dry" or after you dry off the paint completely. I've used them all both ways. Of course, I think you'll get the better protection on dry paint as it's less diluted. But either way is fine even with the TWIS&S.

I haven't tried any of the new Graphene products or even better more expensive products the way the professional detailers have used them.

Last edited:
Back