Does 303 and Armor All really extend rubber lifetime?

Hi,

I have now seen plenty of youtube videos where people claim that 303 and Armor All make rubber last forever. They use it on serpentine belts, axle bellows/boots, maybe also weather stripping, rubber seals, gaskets etc.

Does anyone here have the same experience?

I have some window rubber seals that still look great after 30 years and I would like them to last another 30 years.

Lucas

303 does not sure about Armoral....303 is also used by many boat owners for the UV protection...Does not leave a super gloss or a greasy film that attracts dust...I might add on rubber weather stripping I use a silicone spray or a product Honda sells called Shin Etsu Silicone Grease....a little goes a long way....

IMHO, Armor All is akin to snake oil. Perhaps Armor All has made significant improvements since I last used it. IDK. I quit using Armor All over 3 decades ago. However, I believe Aerospace 303 definitely protects rubber from rot and uv exposure.

I just took a set of 9 year old snow tires off of my wife's Outback. They had been treated every spring, with Aerospace 303, before being put away for off season storage. There was absolutely no sign of cracking or dryness to the tires. I have treated windshield wiper blades with Aerospace 303 before mounting them. The wiper blades hold up much better than before I started the practice.

I believe the most valuable application is, as you mention, items such as window seals, a/c hoses, p/s hoses. Those items that are more difficult and expensive to replace. But I apply it to all the exposed rubber and plastic on my cars. I'm a believer.

Try Aerospace 303, and decide for yourself.

IMHO, Armor All is akin to snake oil. Perhaps Armor All has made significant improvements since I last used it. IDK. I quit using Armor All over 3 decades ago. However, I believe Aerospace 303 definitely protects rubber from rot and uv exposure.

I just took a set of 9 year old snow tires off of my wife's Outback. They had been treated every spring, with Aerospace 303, before being put away for off season storage. There was absolutely no sign of cracking or dryness to the tires. I have treated windshield wiper blades with Aerospace 303 before mounting them. The wiper blades hold up much better than before I started the practice.

I believe the most valuable application is, as you mention, items such as window seals, a/c hoses, p/s hoses. Those items that are more difficult and expensive to replace. But I apply it to all the exposed rubber and plastic on my cars. I'm a believer.

Try Aerospace 303, and decide for yourself.
Both are water based PDMS products. I would not expect any meaningful differences.

I don't know if these products work on EPDM gaskets. A lot of these gaskets aren't rubber but EDPM.

Back