Dodge dealers don’t have any cars on the lots?

I had to check their website to be sure the 300 was still in the lineup. It is! Have we somehow been teleported back to 2004 or something?

I liked the 300M that came before.
Was a stable-mate to the Intrepid and whatever its Eagle version was, if I remember correctly. Just like Ford-Lincoln-Mercury and GM with multiple versions of the same car. I believe the LHS had been retired as well as New Yorker, confusing name overlaps there.. "cab forward" and wasn't 2004-2005 the last of the line? 3.5L V6 just like other manufacturers such as Honda eventually adopted? Trying to remember my stats here.

I like these cars as well. They are firmly in the time period where I believe cars were "the best" and I still believe "new" cars are going downhill.. only Dodge and Nissan have platforms from the mid-2000s on their present cars as far as I know.

images.jpeg

The ads on Cars.com for Classic Kia in Carrollton have the car centered in the photo, with a nearly empty dealership lot behind it, exactly like it was a year ago when I went to test drive a Forte GT. Supply chain issues (or purposeful slowing of production and rationing) still going strong.

I had to check their website to be sure the 300 was still in the lineup. It is! Have we somehow been teleported back to 2004 or something?

I liked the 300M that came before.
Yes, it's the last year for the LX rear wheel drive platform, and the 300C goes out with a bang offering the 485hp 6.4 package. The 2023 300C sold out in 12 hours. Charger and Challenger get all kinds of last hurrah packages too. If you like V8 rear drive American iron, it's last call.

Yes, it's the last year for the LX rear wheel drive platform, and the 300C goes out with a bang offering the 485hp 6.4 package. The 2023 300C sold out in 12 hours. Charger and Challenger get all kinds of last hurrah packages too. If you like V8 rear drive American iron, it's last call.
Given the age of these cars and the volume of units that will be built and delivered, I am prediciting that Chrysler will be one of the top 3 if not the top division for Stellantis in 2023 when it comes to net operating profit.

Given the age of these cars and the volume of units that will be built and delivered, I am prediciting that Chrysler will be one of the top 3 if not the top division for Stellantis in 2023 when it comes to net operating profit.
A very good point, maybe it has something to do with Stellantis eliminating over 30% of its North American work force this year.

A very good point, maybe it has something to do with Stellantis eliminating over 30% of its North American work force this year.
Maybe. My reference was to the fact that the R and D and tooling for these cars was paid for long ago, and that every one that they make now, especially the high end well equipped ones is like printing money at the end of the assembly line.

I saw the same comparison when Chevy was building the Corvette here in STL. Even though the car was relatively low production, they were building them in an outdated (read low overhead) facility, with design and tooling that had long since been paid for. This resulted in high unit profits for GM.

Maybe. My reference was to the fact that the R and D and tooling for these cars was paid for long ago, and that every one that they make now, especially the high end well equipped ones is like printing money at the end of the assembly line.

I saw the same comparison when Chevy was building the Corvette here in STL. Even though the car was relatively low production, they were building them in an outdated (read low overhead) facility, with design and tooling that had long since been paid for. This resulted in high unit profits for GM.
Agree 100% and that's why I think they are cutting costs by eliminating jobs. The "gravy train" is coming to a halt.
The new models will all be shared platforms with overseas vehicles, the Dodge Hornet for example is on an Alfa platform. I've had a long history with owning Chrysler products but the line is becoming so diluted I probably will never own another except for maybe a Ram product.

Agree 100% and that's why I think they are cutting costs by eliminating jobs. The "gravy train" is coming to a halt.
The new models will all be shared platforms with overseas vehicles, the Dodge Hornet for example is on an Alfa platform. I've had a long history with owning Chrysler products but the line is becoming so diluted I probably will never own another except for maybe a Ram product.
They haven’t really used their “own” platform in awhile. I want to say the last vehicle that used a platform that wasn’t codeveloped with someone else (Mitsubishi) or using a shared platform (Fiat, Mercedes, and Alfa) was the Grand Caravan.

Back