Do you use a reminder sticker when you do your own oil change?

I primarily use the MyCarFax app to track maintenance but also use stickers just because I have them. I currently still have some ACDelco stickers I bought in a stack years ago, as well as some Mobil 1 stickers that I requested more recently. M1 was very generous with their swag, and included a hat and some toolbox stickers.
I'm surprised not more people use it. I just use Mycarfax and log in on my computer. That way no paper to keep track of or to lose and no need for stickers. It also send you reminders when it's due but I know when it's due anyway. Plus it's there forever so you have a full record of all your oil changes.

No . I use the 5k oil change reminder on the display and keep the associated paperwork as my permanent record .

I use the windscreen stickers too. Typically, oil containers in Oz have them on the back, you just write on them with a permanent marker, peel off and stick on the window. Is this a thing in other countries?
Not here in the USA. You can usually grab a few at the auto parts store for free, or places that sell Purolators usually seem to have them on hand. I've never seen them on the bottle. I don't use the stickers, but I know many folks do.

I change oil twice per year in our vehicles, spring and fall, so don’t bother with the reminders.
yeah.... I used to use the sitckers but since I retired (I go no place far). Then the wife only works 5.5 miles from the house. My jobsite was only 3.5 miles away from the house for 34 years. (very convienent).
So we really only need to do one at most two changes per year. Spring and fall. I do record everthing done to both vehicles in computer and in automobile manuals. Keep all reciepts in glove box.

yeah.... I used to use the sitckers but since I retired (I go no place far). Then the wife only works 5.5 miles from the house. My jobsite was only 3.5 miles away from the house for 34 years. (very convienent).
So we really only need to do one at most two changes per year. Spring and fall. I do record everthing done to both vehicles in computer and in automobile manuals. Keep all reciepts in glove box.
We’re about the same. I also track everything the same way.
We do about 12k kilometres per year on the CRV so twice per year is easiest for it (spring and fall so it’ll be nice when I do it). The Tucson is looking like it will get 6k to 8K kilometres a year - I may choose to do this once a year, though it is mostly short trips so I might err on the side of caution.

We’re about the same. I also track everything the same way.
We do about 12k kilometres per year on the CRV so twice per year is easiest for it (spring and fall so it’ll be nice when I do it). The Tucson is looking like it will get 6k to 8K kilometres a year - I may choose to do this once a year, though it is mostly short trips so I might err on the side of caution.
Yes, I could get away with once a year but its cheap enough to do twice for peace of mind.. Its best to change it no matter how little miles a year.

Record OCI's for each vehicle in the "vehicle log" portion of my smartphone's app, Fuelly. I use the "free" version of the app.

I'm able to capture maintenance actions, their date/time, total cost, services completed, location, payment method, and other notes like oil brand, viscosity and filter info. I really like this no nonsense app.

Obviously, I capture fuel-up info, too.

It's easy-to-use.

Last edited:
Trip odo is not ideal since it resets with anything disconnecting battery terminal

I use Dropbox diary for all our cars

Back