Do you use a reminder sticker when you do your own oil change?

I primarily use the MyCarFax app to track maintenance but also use stickers just because I have them. I currently still have some ACDelco stickers I bought in a stack years ago, as well as some Mobil 1 stickers that I requested more recently. M1 was very generous with their swag, and included a hat and some toolbox stickers.

View attachment 112759
You're right about Mobil. Same result here; hat, stickers, tool box decals and a signed letter thanking me for my interest. Valvoline also sent some oil change stickers and tool box decals but no hat. I had also requested some from Castrol. They emailed me back and said they don't do that so try to get some elsewhere. Pennzoil/Quaker State never even responded to my request.

The info center on the Legend has an oil/filter maintenance reminder that can be set from 1500 - 7500 miles.

The Lexus has dual trip odometers so I use one for oil/filter changes.

For the remaining vehicles, I use an old school maintenance record that I check every so often.

This year I finally abandoned my index cards above the visor and started keeping all my maintenance records on the Notes app in my phone.

I do. I got a bunch of these for a couple bucks on eBay:

View attachment 112717

Really helps me stay aware of when the next change is due.
A small 3x5 notebook. Date and mileage recorded, what was done, what was used, any notes of something to check/do next time. Turns into a solid record for the vehicle and can be passed along to the next owner, a good selling point.

This year I finally abandoned my index cards above the visor and started keeping all my maintenance records on the Notes app in my phone.
I use Google docs to record all maintenance. Then I always have across all my Android devices. Just make sure you keep your notes app backed up to whatever cloud service you use.

Haha. I have two stickers in the upper left hand corner of my windshield. One says 390,000 km ( not miles ). The other one says 384,400 km, which is the distance to the moon, to remind me to try get a photograph of that reading. :D

ODO B reset, check OLM periodically, I have a note of my last change in my signature below, I have recently started taking photos of the ODO at last change.

Shooting for 2x OCI per year now I'm retired AND I am short tripping a fuel diluter polluter. Car is starting to rod rap transition to off load when hot with about 2K on this thicker 10W30 oil. Likely go to a 5W20 again for Winter. Ford doesnt want you running 0W20 unless you live at Anuktuvuk Pass

It's harder to keep track of my wife's car. Her DIC is a crazy mess of hard and soft buttons and a continuous mystery

Writing it down in a notebook or other record is what everyone should do. But unlike the tucked-away record entry, the sticker is always visible to remind me of the next interval. That's why I use them.

Sometimes the no-tech beats the modern high-tech. This is one of them.
Yeah, but you have to dig through the glovebox and look up the last OC. I put all OC in the back of the owner's manual note or maint section.

The WS stickers work good for my wife's car. I can just open the door and take a gander. But the dealer always puts a short OCI period which defeats the purpose - for me.

ODO B reset is great and you are looking right at it. Next a DIC reminder that you can program to alarm would be the failsafe.

Nope… the three early 2000’s daily drivers get synthetic every 5K, so it’s just when the second odometer digit is a 5 or 0. My 70’s fun cars (land yachts except for an AMC Gremlin) get fresh HDEO every 1,000 miles because it takes about 3 years to put on those miles. The 80’s family road trip van gets an oil change every 2,500, which is about twice/year.

I have done my own oil changes since I started driving. I have never used stickers but use the following logic. I do OCI of 5K on our 2005 Jeep. It will soon roll to 180K so it is due then. Easy to remember every 5k on vehicles. I have a book and now the Fuelly app that I use to keep records on top of it.

On my wife's T&C and my Ram they have OCI indicators on the EVIC so I use them.

just my $0.02

Back