Do you use a reminder sticker when you do your own oil change?

I use an excel spreadsheet to track all maintenance/repairs with a tab for each vehicle/mower/tractor/ATV. All of them get a label from a label maker with the date/mileage or hours/oil used. The vehicles get a label high in the corner of the windshield and the OPE gets a label near the key.

Edit - I tried using Trip B but other family members make it impossible since they reset everything on the dash when they fill up.

Used to use a post-it on the fridge but now I change every 10k miles so it's easy to keep track of.

I either write it on the filter box top or if the filter didn't come in a box(I buy some in a master pack and most that I get from truck parts places just come wrapped) I write it on painters tape somewhere. A few of the trucks just get a paint pencil in the corner of the windshield.

Spreadsheet makes it easy to manage.

I am NOT going by what the car says. It says 2 years, 13,000 miles

Beings I have only one vehicle, if I forget the maintainance with a minder in the dash, I will have probably forgotten how to drive.

I have several vehicles, so I use a Dymo label-maker, and change the date/mileage of last change, last replacement, etc., with location on the car depending on the part or fluid. For frequently-changed bits, I jot the info onto the label tape (outdoor-duty type) with a Sharpie, remove it with a bit of rubbing alcohol. My engine covers or radiator shrouds have several labels. Mechanics can then easily see what/when maintenance or expendable bits have been replaced.

Toyota “maintenance minder” every 5,000 miles, rest it using Trip A and track it with that. I also write it down in a notebook dedicated to the car. On top of that, I use the CarFax car care app as yet another way. I still put up a windshield sticker too, just so when people walk by my car a see an oil change sticker inside my windshield they’ll get the impression that I’m a good car owner who takes care of his things :)

Maybe I’ve put too much thought in simply tracking my OCI…

A detailed record of all services is maintained on my PC. But for quick reference, there's a paper on my desk with all the latest services on my 3 vehicles. I check it about once a month to see where things stand and if I need to start preparing for the next service, depending what it is. I check the moto records a little more often since they require more frequent service during the riding season. I don't like putting anything on the windshield, but I supposed these stickers could be put anywhere within view.

I use the 'B' trip-meter. Tire shop puts a sticker in the upper left corner of the windshield for a rotation reminder, I appreciate that.

No. I use Google Keep. OCI's, maintenance, tire purchases and rotations. Everything.

I primarily use the MyCarFax app to track maintenance but also use stickers just because I have them. I currently still have some ACDelco stickers I bought in a stack years ago, as well as some Mobil 1 stickers that I requested more recently. M1 was very generous with their swag, and included a hat and some toolbox stickers.

20220816_133958.jpg

Nope...I make them really easy to remember OCIs like 5K miles. If I'm unsure I have a detailed log but why would I be unsure...5, 10, 15, 20, 25K are really easy to remember.

Back