Do you use a reminder sticker when you do your own oil change?

I take a picture of the odometer on my cell and file it under a oil change folder on my phone so I can easily find the mileage and date it was done at, and check it any time. I also reset the oil life monitor (no more then 60% on the f150 ecoboost) as a back up.

Traverse gets 6 month oil changes. the Ecoboost it gets about 3 a year, and my Mustang and CB750 get one a year.

All maintenance goes into a little notebook that resides in the glove compartment, a tradition passed down from my father. I save the book when the car is sold.

Like a few others have said, I use
Trip A reset at each fill up to calculate MPG's
Trip B for oil, reset at each change.
This doesn't work for the 1996 K1500, which only has 1 trip odometer, so that (just like the other cars) is written in the maintenence book. The truck doesn't get driven nearly as much now with the Brandon gas prices, so I'm not in much danger of going over on miles.

All maintenance goes into a little notebook that resides in the glove compartment, a tradition passed down from my father. I save the book when the car is sold.
☝ This is exactly what I do. Everything has it's own book, the tractor, weed whacker, each mower, each air compressor etc (yes, I'm pretty fussy about maintenence) 🙂

I use the windscreen stickers too. Typically, oil containers in Oz have them on the back, you just write on them with a permanent marker, peel off and stick on the window. Is this a thing in other countries?

Yes I do. I have an arms length from AAP & AZ. I use them along with my own log book as well.
I also use these OCI stickers for my OPE and tape it to the top of the engine(s) just for reference.

I don't use a sticker anymore, because I am old now and the ones I kept from my old shop no longer stick to the windshield.
For my truck, I follow the OLM, enter the information and receipts into the FordPass app, and Carfax. Wife's car has had dealership oil changes to date; I will probably do them myself going forward.

Spreadsheet for me.
On cars without OLM I make a blue DYMO label and stick it somewhere on the dash where it's easy to remove. People find them appealing.
"OIL 123K", is all they'll read.

I just take a pic of the odometer.

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_180333~2.jpg
    IMG_20220804_180333~2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 21
Back