Do you keep really old links in your Favorites files of your browser?

Yes. Yes I do.

Some are ancient. Some I don't even know what they are anymore.

Delete them when I click on them (once in a blue-moon) and they won't open. But not until.

Like this one: https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/prom...20.html#iframe=L2RpeS9PMTkxMF8xL2luZGV4LmNmbQ

It's dead. Really dead. Like 404. Sorry, that page is missing.

Just deleted it. I'm so pleased with myself.

Only scores more to go. Maybe some other day?

Don't know why my garage is such a mess. Separation anxiety?

I have a few I should clean up and get rid of, but not many. The contacts in my phones are much worse (especially work).

Many, lots of oddball things I've been interested in over the years.

Some great old stuff back in those archives!!

Yes I do. Probably could go through and delete most of them.

At one point I had so many, that I made a second "new" shortcuts folder for my browser, then that had so many, I stopped saving them there and instead dragged them to the desktop, then I had so many there, that I made a folder to put them in. If I do a search for *.url, it finds 7,900, NOT in the browser. Granted, many of these are redundant, backups when migrating systems, or redundant HDD backups of whole partitions, etc... probably only ~3000 unique URL links.

I find it much easier to deal with them all as separate shortcuts, not in the browser's store, then I can just do a global search for keywords. I mean from a cached database using Everything search app. If doing that instead of wading through them all to find something, no real need to delete any. 7,900 x 4K each, is only 31MB of space taken up.

Last edited:
Websites change address all the time. If you're still interested in the subject, Google the name and it might still be around. Probably have a couple thousand saved in my Favorites folder.

Websites change address all the time. If you're still interested in the subject, Google the name and it might still be around. Probably have a couple thousand saved in my Favorites folder.

You have more than me, without a doubt!

Back