Do you get taken to the first or last page in a thread?

If I actively check on that thread - then I get taken to the last read-by-me message, on whatever page that may be. Occasionally it does throw me to the first page, and I just hit "Jump To New" and all is good.

If I never opened that thread before - I am taken to first page.

I only get taken to the first page if it's a really old thread I haven't checked on in a while. The "Jump to new" button always takes me to the first unread post in those cases.

I get mostly taken to the first page even in threads in which I have just posted. Irritating. On the PC I can just click >> but on the phone I have to scroll to the bottom before I can do that.

I only get taken to the first page if it's a really old thread I haven't checked on in a while. The "Jump to new" button always takes me to the first unread post in those cases.
Same, if "really old" means more than maybe only a couple of weeks. Sometimes it goes to the last page.

I almost live on the "What are you eating right now?" thread and more than half the time I get shuttled to Page 1. Thanks for the replies.

I almost live on the "What are you eating right now?" thread and more than half the time I get shuttled to Page 1. Thanks for the replies.
Probably because AI wants you to re-live the whole thread again, lol. 😄

I never get directed to the first page unless it's a thread that I have not read for a long time. Then just hit the "Jump to new" button which will jump to the first unread by me post in the thread. Works that way on both a computer and on my phone.

Back