Do these plugs look ok?

They're stock iridium' from a 2022 Susuki Vstrom, checked during 6,000 Km service interval inspection. 2,500 Km ago I replaced the stock muffler with an aftermarket that has very little resistance/back-pressure in it. I'm aware but far from from an expert on how cam overlap & muffler design can effect the air/fuel burn, but I don't understand why the O2 sensor can't compensate for this.
The reason for my concern, other then the light greyish plugs, is the sut/carbon inside the mufflers. The stock muffler had a modest but obvious amount of this. The aftermarket has almost no sign of it.
Do any of you gentlemen think there's reason for concern?
I should mention that I greatly appreciate just a bit more exhaust note for shifting. So much smoother & don't have to take my eyes off the road to watch the tach.
Thank you!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it's a newer bike, maybe the soot on the original muffler was a result of a small amount of oil burning as the rings were seating in and now that the engine is broken in there's no oil burning.

Thank you all for the quick replies, that's a relief!
Since it's a newer bike, maybe the soot on the original muffler was a result of a small amount of oil burning as the rings were seating in and now that the engine is broken in there's no oil burning.
That makes sense, I didn't consider that.
Thank you all for the quick replies, that's a relief!

You need to attach a fuel programmer to your bike, or you may destroy the engine with lean detonation. (I holed both pistons in my RD350, in literally about 2 seconds, when I messed up the size of the primary jets, I had ridden 15 *miles*, then grabbed full throttle...).

I had to put one on my current Yam WR250r, when I replaced the stock pipe.

Back