Do Range Rovers come with Mastercraft Tires?

I don’t think so.

Fancier cars wear out tires much faster than standard cars for some reason. My Genesis’ rears were almost bald at 15k miles.

I doubt that Range Rovers only came with OE Michelin tires. Typical OE tire brands are Michelin, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Pirelli, etc. Mastercraft is an aftermarket brand made by Cooper, so those tire were not OE.
Yep … they make Mickey Thompson too …

Were they snow tires?

FWIW I drive what some consider to be a snobby luxury vehicle (even though it's a 12 year old base model cheaper than many SUVs), and there is no way I'd be using the OEM tires. It came from the factory with run flats which are inferior to regular non-run flat tires. I run cheap $80 per wheel General snow tires on it in winter, and Continental summer performance the rest of the year. I don't see what the big deal is because they didn't buy OE.

I’ve never owned Mastercraft tires, but I’ve never heard anyone say they were dissatisfied with them. I’ve owned lots of Coopers over the years and have been satisfied. Why all the hate for Mastercraft tires here?

I’ve never owned Mastercraft tires, but I’ve never heard anyone say they were dissatisfied with them. I’ve owned lots of Coopers over the years and have been satisfied. Why all the hate for Mastercraft tires here?
I have no idea.

I won't run anything but Cooper Tires, size permitting.

Let me throw the first Mastercraft stone-i had a fairly expensive set of LT285/75R16E Courser A/Ts that dry rotted the tread and sidewalls badly in under 2 years! Replaced them with Bridgestone Revo 2s, they lasted until I sold the truck, over 9 years. AFAIK, it still has them!

Is Mastercraft the US equivalent of the Motorcraft we get in Canada? eg. a cheaper store brand that's still made by a reputable company like Continental, although probably to a lower standard.

It's not the worst choice. Below that would be the Walmart grade Chinese tires which are cheap but still regulatory compliant (eg. Weathermaxx, Nexex. Then below that are your super sketchy Chaoyangs and Westlakes.

Is Mastercraft the US equivalent of the Motorcraft we get in Canada? eg. a cheaper store brand that's still made by a reputable company like Continental, although probably to a lower standard.

Motorcraft is owned by Ford. Mastercraft is Cooper's budget brand.

I don't think cooper/mastercraft even has contracts to supplies OEMs. They're more of an aftermarket upgrade/budget tire like Nitto, Nokian, Kelly.

Cooper Discoverer SRX LE tires are OEM on the Mercedes GLE and GLS. https://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-srx-le

I regularly see high-end luxury cars running cheaper, "off-brand" tires. It makes me chuckle when I see it, but then realize that is probably why they can afford the vehicle itself. Kind of like buying the store brand products at the market instead of the national brand.

Back