DIY Friendly EV? Canoo Truck.

First thing I thought of was the old Ford Econoline. We have come full circle.

Actually a lot of ingenuity in the design. The adaptable bed is a nice selling point.
Exactly my thoughts. But I really dig it... I blame Project Tetanus by Dawg Strip on YouTube, and old Roadkill episodes for my affection to that Econoline style. Although it could also be the small memories of motherland and UAZ "Buhanka" that attract me to these round shapes.

Screenshot_20210321-105416_(1).jpg

If it had a decent second row, I'd put a deposit down right now. I think it's insane that it's under 185" front to back.

Interesting as a concept, but that's all it is. Designing a one-off seems to be the easy part. I'll start getting excited when something like this is actually sitting in a dealer's lot or in inventory available for purchase online. All of this "coming soon/preorder" EV stuff is getting tiresome.

What is the target demographic of that Canoo? Maybe well-off software developers who have an overlanding fetish? I mean how long is the bed without the extension, maybe 6 feet. And what's it going to cost considering it's closest competitor the Rivian R1T starts at $75K.

What is the target demographic of that Canoo? Maybe well-off software developers who have an overlanding fetish? I mean how long is the bed without the extension, maybe 6 feet. And what's it going to cost considering it's closest competitor the Rivian R1T starts at $75K.
I hope it's cheaper than that... Realistically, I'd be in the 2nd or 3rd owner category that they mentioned... So hopefully depreciation in value will bring this in my price range. So far really attracted to a DIY friendly design of this van with a bed. Time will show the "true colors" of this vehicle though.

Back