Discolored headlight lens cleaning options

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this topic has been discussed at some point, so sorry for the repost. However, will someone direct me to the thread or assist me with options to "clean" discolored, yellow headlight lenses.

Thank you very much,

Mule
deadhorse.gif

There are a number of opinions and some products on this subject.

However, I use Flitz metal polish with a small (blue point/snap on) rotary air buffer. This is a quick and effective method. I follow up with wax.

Most plastic headlights have a hard coat on the surface. This is an abrasion resistant coating that discolors over time. Sometimes, this coating has to be totally removed to achieve clarity. This is not a horrible situation for most people, as the headlight is useless without cleaning anyway.

Chris

Same as being along Flitz lines is to sue Mothers Mag polish, and also Zaino makes a mean plastic polish that is just for headlights.

I taped mine off on the van and used a foam pad and a rotary buffer. Meg's DACP followed by Meg's #80. Normal paint care items I had around. Many different approaches will work. Here is the before and after, I show my wife and she could not believe the difference between the the left and right after. Of course I did both lights, 15 minutes to each side.

HeadlightFadedBefore.jpg

HeadlightAfterPolish.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back