disappointed in Griots 3-1 ceramic wax durability

It requires a 24 hour curing period between coats according to Griots but if your car is outside that leaves you at the mercy of the elements.

Also, it’s a good idea to keep shaking the bottle as you apply it. I notice the wax component tends to separate out after a short while.
I believe you can apply a second coat from 12-24 hrs according to here.

I believe you can apply a second coat from 12-24 hrs according to here.

I’ve seen that before but the statement from Griots is confusing.

• • For extreme durability, apply a second coat 12-24 hours after first application.
  • • Additionally, allow 12-24 hours before exposing to water/weather or other surface car products in order to achieve maximum durability.

I’ve seen that before but the statement from Griots is confusing.

• • For extreme durability, apply a second coat 12-24 hours after first application.
  • • Additionally, allow 12-24 hours before exposing to water/weather or other surface car products in order to achieve maximum durability.
12 hrs would be consider safe to apply a second coat according to the information.

12 hrs would be consider safe to apply a second coat according to the information.

It probably depends on the conditions.

I use the stuff and I think it’s great but one thing I’ve noticed is that it tends to attract pollen and other things after applying. So if I wanted to put on a second coat I’d have to wash the car again.

So my regimen is to wait a week or two or whatever and apply another coat then after a wash.

Orange bottle gang
+red mop

I use the stuff and I think it’s great but one thing I’ve noticed is that it tends to attract pollen and other things after applying. So if I wanted to put on a second coat I’d have to wash the car again.

So my regimen is to wait a week or two or whatever and apply another coat then after a wash.
Or, leave the car inside a garage and blow off the surfaces with shop air before applying the second coat.

If it sits in the garage would be fine. But I agree with your statement.

It does attract dust and whatnot because it does have carnuba wax (oils).

My cars take a beating under all the trees in the yard. Car will not stay clean until June or when the pollen dies down. PITA.

Can Coat was completely flat after a few days just from pollen. Reset brought it back to new.

3 in 1 has a nice beading/sheeting balance. Beading is decent but it's best quality is the durability IMO.

My favorite right now is Tec582. Only lasts a month or so but I wash my car so much it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the heads up…
Reminds me of Bead Maker.
The good and bad. P&S Bead Maker is super easy to apply and hardly no buffing. Nice shine but lucky to last till next wash.

Seems my present favorite is TW Flex with Graphene. It is applied while car is wet and has some water base residue, like Meguires Ceramic spray on. Seems to come out really nice and lasts a long time.

Back