Direct Injection Specific oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Interesting to me that they were losing engines in DIT race cars as I'm sure those vehicles were not spending much time in the "Low Speed" (low RPM is probably more accurate) regime that is part of the LSPI acronym!

Unless they were TOTALLY lugging the things around/out of hairpin bends?!
lol.gif

Nice ... buy a generic SN+ oil in bulk, package it in your bottles, do some marketing, and sell it for, what, 3x the amount ... ? Brilliant.

Originally Posted by geeman789
Nice ... buy a generic SN+ oil in bulk, package it in your bottles, do some marketing, and sell it for, what, 3x the amount ... ? Brilliant.

I guess that was the R&D on their side

Just like Nissan trying to talk my wife into their $100 ester oil change on her rogue when she took it in for free tire rotation. She told the service writer that her husband does the oil changes and he continued to tell her that it was against the warranty rules. I emailed the GM and got two free oil changes which I plan on using for my sons 15 yr old Taurus lol.

They need to get slapped down hard over that one. In no Nissan/Infiniti manual does it require the ester scam nor the dealer doing the oil changes. Up here, they don't even bother pushing the ester oil since the price would probably require defibrillators in the lobby.

JGR Oil is a joke. They act like they developed something new when this was already accomplished 7 years ago by XOM/Infineum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back