Diets,supplements,and exercise data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vitamins are good, but it's the minerals that our bodies are made up of.
So a good multi vit/min is a basic must.
I take extra vitamin D. It is the new C, and is quite important.

I'll skip my peripherals.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

I also make sure I sleep well every night and get between 7 and 8 hours of quality sleep. I wear earplugs

You're going to regret that during a fire or other potential emergency.

It depends. I can hear my alarm or the fire alarms with my ear plugs in. I can even hear the tornado sirens.

When my wife wants to watch the Housewives of ..... while I'm trying to go to sleep, earplugs help mute the noise emanating from the TV enough that I can fall asleep.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

I also make sure I sleep well every night and get between 7 and 8 hours of quality sleep. I wear earplugs

You're going to regret that during a fire or other potential emergency.

Originally Posted By: D.K.
Al has the key, zero processed sugar.

Everything I've read indicates it's all about your reaction to sugar. Some people have a HUGE inflammatory response to elevated levels. Some do not. Inflammation is the real killer as it degrades many of your bodily functions over time.

Note that what is great advice for one may kill another! We're all different so there is no one perfect answer.

You're right on about the Vit D.

Dr Michael Holick has done a pile of work with it and says that Vit D deficiency is the most common nutritional problem world wide. He says no one north of Atlanta GA can get enough through sun and diet alone.

Vit D is critical for proper immune function and helps prevent numerous cancers, upper resp infections and a pile of other things.
I recommend folks do a search for The Linus Pauling Institute and on their website is a series of podcasts. The Michel Holick one is definitely worth checking out!

Originally Posted By: DragRace

You dont need to eat bad food to add weight,thats [censored]. You workout,period end of story.Putting garbage in does not equal=quality mass,sorry. Tell a fitness trainer this,you'd be laughed right outta the gym,very bad info.
So your theory is working out puts on mass? That is what should get you laughed outta the gym. You can't build muscle without feeding them. I would choose other than McSquirts or Burger Fling myself, but lots of broke "meatheads" realize you can get alot of calories and protein for the cost of a few McDoubles...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Note that what is great advice for one may kill another! We're all different so there is no one perfect answer.

Except that you won't find any mainstream medical authority that doesn't recommend cutting back on simple (processed) sugars.

I am comfortable with avoiding every grain of processed sugar that I can. Of course we all are going to eat a piece of cake for cookie once in a while. But me personally..unless I am backed into a corner I will not eat either and its not that I am disciplined its that it would be like me smoking a cigarette. I don't want cake or cookies.

Looks like another argument coming up here.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dwcopple

You dont need to eat bad food to add weight,thats [censored]. You workout,period end of story.Putting garbage in does not equal=quality mass,sorry. Tell a fitness trainer this,you'd be laughed right outta the gym,very bad info.
So your theory is working out puts on mass? That is what should get you laughed outta the gym. You can't build muscle without feeding them. I would choose other than McSquirts or Burger Fling myself, but lots of broke "meatheads" realize you can get alot of calories and protein for the cost of a few McDoubles...

Eggs, pasta, rice, bread and chicken breasts are relatively cheap...without all the saturated fats.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Except that you won't find any mainstream medical authority that doesn't recommend cutting back on simple (processed) sugars.

I am comfortable with avoiding every grain of processed sugar that I can. Of course we all are going to eat a piece of cake for cookie once in a while. But me personally..unless I am backed into a corner I will not eat either and its not that I am disciplined its that it would be like me smoking a cigarette. I don't want cake or cookies.

Looks like another argument coming up here.
smile.gif

Certainly not from me, I avoid that stuff like the plague! Along with processed flour and anything else in the middle of the store.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple

LMAO! You'll bulk up alright if you eat at McDonalds and Burger King,you'll gain nothing but fat and cholestorol,which defeats the whole purpose of living healthy,let alone pack on solid mass. McDonalds- Burger King products have such a high Fat to Protein Ratio, its terrible. Eat healthy foods that are high in calories because there are quite a few.

I exercise as much as my knees can take.
ride my bike 3-4 times a week, jog 1-2 times a week, try to get in yoga at least once a week.

I used to ride 200+ miles a week and do yoga 3 times a week but my knees just can't handle that kind of activity level anymore. When you feel pain, less is more.

Sometimes I just go for a nice brisk walk. It's four tenths of a mile around my neighborhood park so I'll go walk 10 laps when the mood strikes me. I'm 6'7" and stride it out as far as I can on my walks without lifting my knees.

I eat pretty healthy, but my downfall is my sweet tooth and my penchant for midnight snacks. Usually I do kashi with soymilk and fruit for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and whatever my GF cooks for dinner. But don't get me near a cake or some M&Ms otherwise it's all over.

Oh and I drink a lot of coffee, which is the only reason I ever go to McDonalds.

I have a hypercoagulability disorder that put me in the hospital in 2008 with clots in my lungs. Now a coumadin patient for life. Also take Lipitor. OTC vitamins, coQ10, fish oil and glucosamine.

whew guess that's it.

I'm about the same weight I was my senior year in high school, about 260. Again I'm 6'7", lest you pass judgment
wink.gif

I just ate pep pizza, cheesesticks with marinara sauce, and cinnamon sticks with white glazing from Pizza Hut. it was delicious
wink.gif

I think I'm going to enjoy some wings (sans breading) and a few beers while watching some basketball. In moderation of course
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I think I'm going to enjoy some wings (sans breading) and a few beers while watching some basketball. In moderation of course
smile.gif

Gotta get your food on with march madness this weekend

I started working out in May of 2011 when my 5'10.5" self hit a whopping 221.5 pounds on the scale. I've done two rounds of P90X and a Hybrid Round of P90X and TurboFire. I'm two weeks into my first round of P90X2.

I don't have updated pictures ready, but this is from November when I hit 180 lbs.

SideRoundTwo.jpg

I use MyFitnessPal to track my calories. I've reduced my beer consumption to about six per week. I try to operate at a 500 calorie per day deficit to get into the 160's as a goal weight.

I've gone from a tight size 36 pant to a nice fitting size 32. I still have a bit of a belly and love handles to get rid of though. The holidays and family health issues got in the way of my last P90X round, so it didn't do as much as I thought it would. I'm at 174 lbs now, so I still have at least 10 pounds to go. Not bad for a 40 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back