Did Napa stop selling reman CVs?

Need to replace my passenger side CV on my 05 Liberty. Called Napa (current one is a rebuilt one from there, has 100k on it, want to warranty it out) and they don't sell the reman ones anymore, just new. Has anyone used the new ones recently? I know they used to be the wrong length or something, at least for the Libertys. I put this out there on the Liberty forum and it seems like others can get them at their Napas. I could try another store to get a reman one, but would prefer to use my warranty on the Napa reman I'm replacing.

If they're willing to swap your defective reman for a new unit, just take it. It's almost unheard of today to get a "reman" CV shaft. I can't remember the last time I had to send back a CV core, as the new units require none.

There may have been an issue at one time with the new units for Liberty's, however I'd be willing to bet that's no longer the case. There's really only 2 vehicles that come to mind that really, truly don't play well with aftermarket shafts: Subaru's and Nissan Rogue's. For some reason, 90% of aftermarket CV shafts in those vehicles will wobble to high heaven on acceleration. I've heard many explanations as to why, but all I know is it's better to go OE, or reboot the OE shaft.

Back