Did I get a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girlfriend needed a laptop for daily emails,shopping etc. We looked around but everything was more then what she wanted to spend. On the Dell "scratch and dent" I found an laptop, and also had a 25% off coupon code.

Paid $349.95 shipped.

Inspiron 14R - N4110 Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Inspiron 14R - N4110
Processor: Intel Core i3-2350M Processor (2.3GHz)
6 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)
500 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
64BIT Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
8X DVD +/- RW Drive

i know very little about laptops but i was told by a friend that fixes and programs them to never buy something that someone else had. some of these deals people buy them and bring them back for some reason

I'm a big fan of refurb computers, (if purchased direct from the manufacturer), often they are simply returns sold at hefty discounts with the same warranty as new.

Just bought my girlfriend a reburb Apple Macbook Pro last week from the Apple store, I can't understand why people pay full retail price.

The notebook I'm using now (Inspiron 1150) was purchased refurb from Dell years ago, had an 1100 before that, also a nice machine. As for Dell these days who knows, but most of the low end consumer grade PCs seem very similar in design and build quality anyway, glossy flimsy screens, wobbly battery and optical drives.

If you can get one for under $400 out the door I think you did okay.

very nice indeed. I looked at this very sale for the 17" i5 units, but decided to hold off for now, the deals are great for what you get.

Think about it, a nice laptop for $350, you can't get a 10" Android tablet for that, or an iPad.

It's a great deal!
cheers3.gif

I bought my Dell scratch-n-dent 1.5 years ago. No issues what so ever. For the discount I got, I'll never buy new again if I can help it!

Good price for the specs. Not sure what display comes with that model though. Only negative is the slow HDD but thats pretty common on laptops. Overall I'd say that's a good price for a well equipped machine.

Good price for the specs, and refurbished PCs are often a great bargain.

IIRC, Dell is the only major manufacturer of Windows-based PCs to warrant their refurbs for a year. HP, Toshiba, Acer, etc. only do 90 days.

I refurbed computers for years for compusa..

some were brought back because they didnt like it.. some had major issues and required major component replacement..
if done correctly... refurb is fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back