Did Google buy cars.com?

I always used cars.com to check dealers inventory, I know not all dealers pay to have them list their inventory, but most do and it helps finding a car in the trim and color you want. I was browsing on their site yesterday and a pop up came on stating if you want to continue to browse, you have to sign in to your Google account. No thanks.

I always used cars.com to check dealers inventory, I know not all dealers pay to have them list their inventory, but most do and it helps finding a car in the trim and color you want. I was browsing on their site yesterday and a pop up came on stating if you want to continue to browse, you have to sign in to your Google account. No thanks.
Don't think so and I've seen websites do that. From what i understand when you link your account and agree to the terms they can access the personalized ad data in the account which they prefer to have and can also span your email with junk.

I just close it out.

The you gotta sign into Google bs pops up everywhere nowadays and never again will I have a google account.

On my phone if it fills the whole screen I just switch from or to desktop mode and that usually kills it

It will use your Google credentials to do things like save searches that you create, notify you when new vehicles are posted that pop up in your saved searches, etc.

Google , Apple ID and Facebook are trustees authentication services you can use for a cars.com login if you set that up.

So instead of a username and password for each specific site (still available) you can use Google account, Apple ID or Facebook. Many sites have moved into this option. It really easier.

I just click the X to close out the login.. It still lets me do everything.
Yes but I totally hate those login prompts, I haven't figured out a way to disable them either but maybe need to look into a browser extension that block them.

They are totally annoying and most times I just want to read the page and move on.

Google , Apple ID and Facebook are trustees authentication services you can use for a cars.com login if you set that up.

So instead of a username and password for each specific site (still available) you can use Google account, Apple ID or Facebook. Many sites have moved into this option. It really easier.
Why do I wasn’t a sign in to the hundreds of sites that never had one before?

In a few sites every action you take now spawns the login which gets x’d out.

The fewer accounts I have and the fewer places I log in the better.

Back