Did anyone else go down the Erebus Origin Watch rabbithole.

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
Purchased a Erebus Origin in Orange. This is the microbrand started by Jody who hosts the "Just One More Watch" Youtube channel. Nice watch for $335 on a bracelet which is very nice. Seiko NH35 movement. Mine is keeping good time. -2/+4 sec a day. The Orange dial is a pleasant tone of Orange. The lume is da' bomb. The sapphire crystal is anti reflective coated. The bracelet is easy to size with screw links. Comes with a nice 2 watch zippered travel case. There is really nothing to complain about.

20240228_151646.jpg

20240225_131751.jpg

20240219_120346.jpg

Jody and his partner came up with a very nice first design. I like tool watches and that one fits the bill which is quite reasonable. The 'Doxa orange'* gives it a nice pop and legibility looks to be very good. I'd put it on a NATO strap to make the watch virtually lossproof. However, depending on your activities and over safety concerns you may prefer a strap or band that won't potentially tear your hand off if the strap gets snagged by something going fast. Spring bars break away fairly easily.

NH35: With normal use, have the movement serviced in 5 to 7 years or have it swapped out for a replacement for less money once the movement gets wonky. If you routinely wear the watch swimming have the caseback seal and crown/stem seal(s) replaced every three years. Also, rinse the watch after immersion into seawater.

*Doxa did the orange dial before anybody else but many diver's watches have orange or orange-framed hands for optimized underwater legibility. Underwater, orange is the last color to fade to grey with increasing depth.

Last edited:
Back