Did Amsoil changed Ingredients ?

Hello everyone.

Couple day ago I purchased from online seller here in Poland Amsoil 75w110 for my first 4WD 95 Toyota Land Cruiser.
Yesterday I replaced front and rear differentials and when I starter measure 1.7 L to pour into transfer case I notice that they are two different colors oils from two different containers.
There is a date on easy pack from 2021 so I guess this oil was made in 2021 and one in plastic bottle was made in 2023.
So my question is Did Amsoil change ingredients in gear oil lately or I bought fake oil and if so which one is fake ?

I'm planning to drain all this oil and replace with another one , probably Millers CRX 75w140 but not sure if 140 is not too thick for diffs and transfer case.

Thank You everyone for your help.

am.jpg

am1.jpg

Thanks didn’t see this thread

Why are you buying 3 year old oil? Where did you buy it?

But yes contact your distributor.

Color doesn’t mean much but I’ve not seen the gear oil look the lighter color.
Hi Pablo.
This oil was send to me as I purchased on line and I didn't checked which year this oil was produced. At the end i noticed diference in color and then I checked easy pack and plastic bottle for similar codes and dates. I contacted seller but he will probably say that everything is ok. Here in europe especially in Poland its not so easy to get good product like amsoil or redline etc. and in many places its probably easy to purchase counterfeit oils. Anyway seller send an email with pictures to Amsoil distributor here in Poland

Hi Pablo.
This oil was send to me as I purchased on line and I didn't checked which year this oil was produced. At the end i noticed diference in color and then I checked easy pack and plastic bottle for similar codes and dates. I contacted seller but he will probably say that everything is ok. Here in europe especially in Poland its not so easy to get good product like amsoil or redline etc. and in many places its probably easy to purchase counterfeit oils. Anyway seller send an email with pictures to Amsoil distributor here in Poland
Yeah I just don’t have sufficient knowledge of lubricant supply in Poland to comment either way

If both containers were sealed- at least in the USA I would not think counterfeit. You would know better locally if such practices occur

Here in europe especially in Poland its not so easy to get good product like amsoil or redline etc. and in many places its probably easy to purchase counterfeit oils.
You're probably more likely to see counterfeit versions of popular and common items vs less obscure things like Amsoil engine oil. I doubt there's enough demand for them to make the effort to counterfeit it.

Hello guys

I sent email to Amsoil and after few days they pulled samples those batches from the lab to compare color .
They also added to our conversation Amsoil distributor here in Poland and they also confirm that they sold those oils to seller.
Thank You all for your comments
I

oils.JPG

Artificial Intelligence algorithms interrogate who the end user is or more importantly their address. The calculation determines if the real deal is delivered or swill sourced from Triax. Hence the large color difference. j/k

Hello guys

I sent email to Amsoil and after few days they pulled samples those batches from the lab to compare color .
They also added to our conversation Amsoil distributor here in Poland and they also confirm that they sold those oils to seller.
Thank You all for your comments
I

View attachment 208054
That is quite impressive that they would bother to pull samples, and send photos. Kudos to Amsoil for addressing your concerns in such a timely fashion!

Back