Dexron VI, 43k miles on fluid, 6L80e

I’ve been using AC Delco Dexron VI and Motomaster Dexron VI in my 2008 6L90, having done pan drops every 50,000 miles and in the last few years pulling out and replacing 3 quarts once a year. The first two included flushes at the dealership. Currently 225,000 miles on the original trans.

Here's my latest (3rd) used ATF analysis report for the Dexron6 from the 6L80 in our 194k mile 07 Denali. First two reports are in post#1 here.

I took this sample sooner than planned because I got some tranny codes, P0842, P0872, P0877, last Nov/Dec. So, I dropped the pan and installed new TECHM pressure switch membranes.

Looks good to me.

Next scheduled mx will be at 225k miles, which should consist of dumping the 6 qts in the pan and replenishing with fresh Dexron6.

Torque converter was replaced 5+ yrs ago at 130k miles.

**NOTE** it took Blackstone 35+ days to process this sample.
07 Yukon ATF BS 12-23.JPG

@jetman I don't know what brand of Dexron VI you're using but the AW chemistry seems rather weak.

High Performance Lubricants GreenCC is a fluid that has more AW chemistry and contains a high percentage of synthetic base oil components so you might want to use that and see if the iron and copper elements trend further down.

The BlackStone comment, "...a trace of insolubles show the oil didn't become overly oxidized" is questionable. ATF insolubles usually result from clutch and metal material wear, i.e., solid or semi-solid particles.

@jetman I don't know what brand of Dexron VI you're using but the AW chemistry seems rather weak.

High Performance Lubricants GreenCC is a fluid that has more AW chemistry and contains a high percentage of synthetic base oil components so you might want to use that and see if the iron and copper elements trend further down.

The BlackStone comment, "...a trace of insolubles show the oil didn't become overly oxidized" is questionable. ATF insolubles usually result from clutch and metal material wear, i.e., solid or semi-solid particles.
I'm sure the HPL is $better$ stuff than ACDelco.
This Dex6 I purchased yrs ago for a lot less than it cost these days. All I have left is 1 gallon then I'll start using the Amsoil ATL atf that I purchased cheaply a while back from a dealer friend that was moving.
I do have 6 qts of advanced lubricants HPL PCMO 5w-30 I'll try on one of my vehicles someday?
DSCN8093.JPG

Amsoil ATL is also a good LV ATF and both Amsoil and HPL are sponsors.
Yes, I have 18 qts of ATL on my shelf. I've be using ATL in my 230k mile 07 FJ Cruiser (A750e) since 2010. No issues.
I also run ATL in my C5 (4L60e) and my 51 pickup (4L60e). No issues.
The 07 Yukon has always gotten ACDelco Dexron6 since we bought it 5+ yrs ago for no particular reason :)

Back