Devil's Lake State Park near Baraboo, WI

wwillson

Staff member
We really enjoyed the weekend here and will certainly go back for more.

One of Mother Natures finest works. Left over from when the glaciers were scraping and depositing their bounty across Wisconsin. Always reminds me of Lake Tahoe on a smaller scale. Its beautiful year round and has something for everyone in all four seasons. Lucky enough to live 15 minutes away.

It's a nice small place; a surprising area in the otherwise boring midwest. By the pictures you took it looks like you got lucky without the huge crowds that are normally there.

Originally Posted by Mazomopar
One of Mother Natures finest works. Left over from when the glaciers were scraping and depositing their bounty across Wisconsin. Always reminds me of Lake Tahoe on a smaller scale. Its beautiful year round and has something for everyone in all four seasons. Lucky enough to live 15 minutes away.

Fantastical beautiful area.
I don't know how long you have lived there.
Do you remember Coopers Hickory Grove campground,?
I had the opportunity to buy it when the owners sold out.
Could have should have.

All of us local youngsters kinda had a run of the local campgrounds and pools. A target rich environment as they say now for out of state babes. We enjoy a different type of scenery now. Try to drive through a couple times a month. Then across the Merrimac free ferry on the way home.

I like Parfreys Glen this time of year, it’s right by Devils Lake and is a great hike despite the cc corps walkway being blown out 10 years back

sadly it appears the park dept will never rebuild the stone walk that was there since the late 30’s. Even though I’ve lived here all my life I only recently found out about parfreys and missed it intact, part of the experience is having waterproof shoes and skip rock randomly through the river to the falls.

In and around Devils Lake are hundreds of miles of paths and many unique features, sadly last year many of the state natural areas were officially closed to the public

The southern loop of the ice age trail go through as well.

The park is georgious in the fall

Back