Detailer spray for Ceramic coated vehicle

There seems to be two schools of thought - 1. using a maintenance topper will help prolong the underlying coating. 2. it does little to nothing as it won't bond and you reduce the hydrophobic/self-cleaning benefits of the underlying coating, which is the whole point of the coating to begin with.

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of detail sprays on the market and very few standouts IMO. You could literally throw a dart and pick one and you're good to go. Most perform similarly. Kamikaze Overcoat V5.2 and Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz are two high end toppers that offer extreme hydrophobicity. Can Coat is a great topper but that's a one and done. The rest are all about the same.

Ech20 diluted 1:20 is economical and gives a nice gloss. Great product IMO. Gyeon CD is good too but pricey. Wet Coat is a nice spray/rinse.

What coating do you have?

Last edited:
What do you guys use (if any) as far as detail spray on your Ceramic Coated vehicles?
Buster covered it all basically. I was enjoying Gyeon Ceramic Detailer and Armour Amplify. Amplify is a bit slicker and flashes faster. Might look better but is slightly less hydrophobic. The one thing I can say is that neither of those products seemed to impair the performance of the coating much if at all. That is the main concern I have with toppers of any kind on a good ceramic coating. I think it's more to make yourself feel good and boost slickness than really enhance performance.

I am using the low end Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic spray (2 coats as directed) and after a good paint clean up. Griots also sent me some free Cermic Wax when I inquired about some of their other products. I was told to always make sure NOT to use a wash/Wax car wash soap but rather a PH balanced one like Meguirs Gold Class. I was wonder if the same held true for a detail spray.

I am using the low end Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic spray (2 coats as directed) and after a good paint clean up. Griots also sent me some free Cermic Wax when I inquired about some of their other products. I was told to always make sure NOT to use a wash/Wax car wash soap but rather a PH balanced one like Meguirs Gold Class. I was wonder if the same held true for a detail spray.
You can just continue to top up with Griot's 3 in 1 or use their Ceramic Speed Shine then.

I would switch off Gold Class once you use it up. Gold Class leaves some kind of film or rinse agent behind and impairs beading for some time until it's fully gone.

You can just continue to top up with Griot's 3 in 1 or use their Ceramic Speed Shine then.
Griots Ceramic Speed Shine is superb and easier than the already superb 3 in 1 ceramic wax spray. That or best in show detailer.

The Best in show produces a touch better shine that "pops", the Ceramic detailer provides an actual ceramic coating that lasts, and is perfect for touching up an existing ceramic coating.

Last edited:
Back