Detailed the new Renegade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great! Nice job. I'll have to check out that Amazon mit. I have the Nanoskin sponges. They work great, but are quite small.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by paoester
Is yours made in the Brazil factory or the Italy one?

Such an odd question to ask about a Jeep. How did the LR3 get in your fleet and how is it holding up?

Nice job BTW.

We bought the LR3 back in 2010. Had an 05 Durango before, just was tired of it, one day saw it for sale at the Dodge dealer and took it for a ride, loved it. The first LR was based off a Willys Jeep, so they're cousins.
smile.gif

It has 185k on it now, only issue it has now is a rear pinion seal leak. It's never stranded me, we've taken it to CO probably 7 or 8 times. Amazing vehicle, one of my favorites. Would buy another if the new Discos looked like a Land Rover and not an Explorer.

Originally Posted by kkreit01
Looks great! Nice job. I'll have to check out that Amazon mit. I have the Nanoskin sponges. They work great, but are quite small.

I have one of those too, that's what got me into the fake clay. LOL
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GVFR3F1?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

This is what I used, there's a lot of choices if you just search "clay mitt"

And thanks for all the comments!!!

Originally Posted by HoosierJeeper
Used Meguire's Super soap, then clayed it with some $13 amazon clay mitt (worked great!), then polish with a blue pad and Meguire's Ultimate Polish. Topped it off with DG 111/601 mixed with a black pad.

Great choices in detail products. Currently running the same combo for the lsp on some cars I detail.
thumbsup2.gif

In fact a few days ago I used it on some headlights for protection. But laid down the 601 first, let dry then topped with 111. Prior to that ued Sprayway on them followed by some Turtle Wax Scratch and Swirl Remover. Turned out great. Much better than the Mothers and Meguiars headlight resto kits that I used the previous two years.

The Duragloss combo is amazing. The protection is great, it lasts a year for me. Easy to apply too, unlike Klasse.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Meguiar's*

Looks great!
Originally Posted by Onetor
Looks awesome! I would redact the license plate info....

Why? Should he obscure them while he drives around?

Winner.

Mass paranoia with so many doing that Craig's List Finger sort of thing.

Here are mine:
CBS 1976
AMC 6515
AMC 6516

Arizona.

Motor Trend used to do a monthly contest back in the 70s. If your plate was one of a dozen or so pictured from around the country you won a subscription or something. No one wet the bed over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back