Denso Aftermarket Radiator

Ordered Denso radiator for my sisters 07 Highlander. Original rad had 246k on it and sprung a leak. It didn’t owe me a dime. Denso radiator has fewer rows of coolant passages (wider spaces between each) and the trans outlet pipe had a chunk broken out of it, like it was really brittle. Big ole made in China label on top. In hindsight I probably should’ve looked into Modine. However, Denso was only 114 bucks. I guess at the end of the day you get what you pay for, even if it is a Denso (which I always kind of held to a higher standard).

Denso was the OEM radiator in a Lexus we have; the problem may or may not be w/Denso. And yes, most Japanese brands have Chinese manufacturing facilities. Robots work about equally well in China as in Japan.

There are three different OE radiator applications for a Highlander, based on engine or towing package. Be sure to check that.

Genuine Toyota radiator $140,

The AZxxx radiators are not genuine toyota, they are Toyota MVP (market value parts, aka value line). They are identical to what you get in a Denso box. OE number is 16400-20330

The AZxxx radiators are not genuine toyota, they are Toyota MVP (market value parts, aka value line). They are identical to what you get in a Denso box. OE number is 16400-20330
Thanks for that info.. checking that OE number.. about 3x more expensive!! Luckily for the stuff I had to buy (not Toyota value line) was not that much more expensive than aftermarket.

In hindsight I probably should’ve looked into Modine
Modine has been out of the car cooling system business for about three years, just like other high-quality manufacturers such as Valeo. This unfortunately means (new) radiator choices are down to cheap Chinese garbage or true OE.

I guess at the end of the day you get what you pay for, even if it is a Denso
Truer words have never been spoken.

The replacement Denso I purchased for the LS from RA was Made in China. Other than the twist between the side tanks it installed and is doing the job.

I often wondered (I doubt it) if a Denso sourced direct from Toyota (dealer) is still Made in Japan and if there's any real world difference between COO?

Thus far Koyorad are the only aftermarket radiators that haven't disappointed me in terms of fit -- on two different Subarus. No idea if they offer Toyota applications

The replacement Denso I purchased for the LS from RA was Made in China. Other than the twist between the side tanks it installed and is doing the job.

I often wondered (I doubt it) if a Denso sourced direct from Toyota (dealer) is still Made in Japan and if there's any real world difference between COO?
If radiator from the dealer, might be made at the Denso plant in Michigan.

The last time I needed to replace a radiator, I got Denso. It was one of the last Denso aftermarket radiators to come from Taiwan (they had recently acquired Cryomax, a company based in Taiwan). Denso seems to be using that facility for OEM radiators, now.

It seems all the Denso aftermarket radiators come from China, even when Denso is the OE supplier and the OE radiator is made elsewhere.

Is MVP/Value Line the same as Toyota's OE Second Line?

The last time I needed to replace a radiator, I got Denso. It was one of the last Denso aftermarket radiators to come from Taiwan (they had recently acquired Cryomax, a company based in Taiwan). Denso seems to be using that facility for OEM radiators, now.

It seems all the Denso aftermarket radiators come from China, even when Denso is the OE supplier and the OE radiator is made elsewhere.

Is MVP/Value Line the same as Toyota's OE Second Line?
MVP is the economy line. Im not familiar with an OE second line.

Here denso are made in Taiwan but that’s doesn’t really matters. In CHina they have 7 scale of quality, for us Usa is the best quality and they have to met denso’ standard + the op has a guarantee:)

I put a Spectra Premium radiator in a Toyota once. Radiator was made in USA or Canada (I forget which). Would do it again.
Laval, Quebec Canada, at least as of 2018. Not sure if that's still the case.

Back