Dell inspiron 7500..."Help"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
OK, and now neither of them will post with the old RAM in them either, correct?

Correct..The only thing both laptops do when I power them on is: the hard drive & fan constantly cycle on & off & nothing on the screen "does not power on"
Thanks a lot for helping Me as I really appreciate it!!

Try this (for fun):

Pull the hard drive from the one that worked. Leave it out.

Pull the battery.

Put the old RAM in it.

Let it sit for 20 minutes or so.

Put battery back in. Plug into wall.

See if it does anything different.

Try this (for fun):

Pull the hard drive from the one that worked. Leave it out.

Pull the battery.

Put the old RAM in it.

Let it sit for 20 minutes or so.

Put battery back in. Plug into wall.

See if it does anything different.

Well,I did like You posted and the same thing..hard drive and fans cycle on & off and I have to phsically pull the battery & or power cord to shut the laptop off..Did I mention I hate laptops!! (when they mess up)
crazy2.gif

And you tried the above procedure and left the hard drive OUT of the system?

Yes...I left the hard drive out when going through the steps You provided and still the posessed laptop did the same thing as before..Just the hard drive and fans cycling on and off.....Thanks!

OK, so I assume you mean the hard drive LIGHT is cycling then
wink.gif

Is there a visible CMOS battery on that notebook?

OK, so I assume you mean the hard drive LIGHT is cycling then
wink.gif

Is there a visible CMOS battery on that notebook?

I can actually hear the HD cycling on & off.I went to the Dell site and there is nothing regarding the CMOS battery & I also did a Google search & found nothing regarding the CMOS battery & its location.So,does this laptop have a CMOS battery?

Sounds like a failed virtual hard drive....
wink.gif
whistle.gif

Seriously, It sounds like it is failing somewhere in the POST, (power on self test), and it keeps retrying.

Does this machine have a floppy disk drive in it?

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Sounds like a failed virtual hard drive....
wink.gif
whistle.gif

Seriously, It sounds like it is failing somewhere in the POST, (power on self test), and it keeps retrying.

Does this machine have a floppy disk drive in it?

The laptop has no floppy drive and I took it apart and did not see a CMOS battery in it.I tried 3 different hard drives in it with the same results.

Leave it overnight with no battery in it and try it in the morning. Other than that, it's quite possible it's dead. Without physically having the device in front of me, it's hard for me to help you much further with this.

Leave it overnight with no battery in it and try it in the morning. Other than that, it's quite possible it's dead. Without physically having the device in front of me, it's hard for me to help you much further with this.

Well...I guess the laptop is trash as nothing worked.ThankYou very much for the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back