Deer Tick Bite

Everyone on here should invest in at least one good set of permethrin treated pants and socks. That will eliminate a vast majority of tick bites.

I soak my hiking clothes before I go out on any trips with this. Works great in repelling mosquitoes too, as my friend and I found out hiking in the Tetons.

I dug one out of my armpit about 4 days ago. Very painful red spot where the bite was but no rash and it’s fading away. Guess I got lucky.
Warlord, you had your warning sign, and you read the above post. Don't be foolish and take the chance of ending up regretting it in the future. Get yourself the comprehensive testing ASAP. You are human just like everybody else and if whatever bit you had the worst of it you could be in for a really bad future, especially without proper treatment.

Please seriously consider getting the comprehensive testing by a lime literate MD ASAP.

My neighbor got Rocky Mountain spotted fever a couple years ago -- thinks a tick bit him while he was removing a deer carcass from a grove of pines. RMSF is supposed to be pretty rare here in southern Wisconsin, but ticks have become a lot more of a nuisance over the last 10-15 years.

Warlord, you had your warning sign, and you read the above post. Don't be foolish and take the chance of ending up regretting it in the future. Get yourself the comprehensive testing ASAP. You are human just like everybody else and if whatever bit you had the worst of it you could be in for a really bad future, especially without proper treatment.

Please seriously consider getting the comprehensive testing by a lime literate MD ASAP.
Oh I thought because I didn’t develop the rash I was in the clear.

Oh I thought because I didn’t develop the rash I was in the clear.

I don't think my wife developed any rash. In fact, she is not sure when a tick got to her, Lyme Literate MDs say it could have been years ago.

I've posted enough info in this thread to get people started. My wife has been diagnosed with Epilepsy, which she does not have. She has experienced symptoms that mimic some Epileptic symptoms. No neurologist will agree that you "develop" Epilepsy in your 50's. She has many other symptoms, 99% can be traced to Lyme according to Lyme Literate MDs.

Pulled a deer tick off of me on Sunday. The area is red but no bulls eye. I've had this in the past - it really sucks how little these buggers are and so difficult to find with visual inspection.

Pulled a deer tick off of me on Sunday. The area is red but no bulls eye. I've had this in the past - it really sucks how little these buggers are and so difficult to find with visual inspection.
Same with myself. Went to the Dr. yesterday, he gave me 2 Doxy caps and said I should have no issues as it kills anything fast before it gets full blown.

I was out on a retreat at a cottage with three buddies this past Thursday to Sunday. They were all avid fishermen, and I'm not, so I went for hikes while they were out on the lake.

I did an out-and-back on the northern end of a long trail, and came back with a bunch of wood ticks. Over the four days I found 20 on me or in my socks. None had burrowed in, thank goodness.

I dealt with them with extreme prejudice.

I was out on a retreat at a cottage with three buddies this past Thursday to Sunday. They were all avid fishermen, and I'm not, so I went for hikes while they were out on the lake.

I did an out-and-back on the northern end of a long trail, and came back with a bunch of wood ticks. Over the four days I found 20 on me or in my socks. None had burrowed in, thank goodness.

I dealt with them with extreme prejudice.
Probably should have someone do a through exam for bulls eye rashes or at least use a mirror.

Ticks are severely bad in parts of mid-Michigan this spring. I find a tick or two on me almost every day. So far they all seem to be wood/dog ticks, but earlier in the spring I found a few smaller ones on me that were difficult to identity (early nymph stage).

I work outdoors daily, so I am just very careful to pay attention to managing them. Supposedly if you remove them within a short time, the odds of disease are even more remote.

The ticks have been awful this year. I've pulled a bunch off the dog. Luckily none were in the dog.

We even had a dog tick on the couch! It didn't have any blood in it so I think we were lucky there.

Unfortunately, I had a deer tick on my stomach burrowing in back in early April. I didn't get the red rash. Used to be able to get preventive antibiotics at an urgent care, but not any more. And the local hospital that did tick testing doesn't have money for it this year. I'm always careful after going in the woods. Clothes immediately in dryer to kill them with heat, then in the wash. Long sleeve shirt and pants with boots.

Only thing I can think is it was in the boots. I didn't do anything for the boots. It must have been in there and hopped back on me.

Back