Decent job at Valvoline Instant Oil Change.

The google reviews for my local VIOC are not promising. A lot of 5 stars but also a great deal of one stars. Basic things like forgetting to put the oil filter on were mentioned.

There's been a few VIOCs near me that have been around forever. It's the only instant oil change place that I've never heard a horror story from other than customers driving into the pit.

I've used them, but not in 20+ years.

My 81yr/old mom took her 2015 Camry to them a few years back for an oil change and they talked her into a new engine air filter and CAF. It cost her something like $150. I've insisted on doing the OCs on it since.

There's been a few VIOCs near me that have been around forever. It's the only instant oil change place that I've never heard a horror story from other than customers driving into the pit.

I've used them, but not in 20+ years.

My 81yr/old mom took her 2015 Camry to them a few years back for an oil change and they talked her into a new engine air filter and CAF. It cost her something like $150. I've insisted on doing the OCs on it since.
Were the filters needed? If the 2015 filters were still in there, it was time.

Sounds like theybe improved their QC a bit Since my last time taking a car to them in 1998 or so, when they forgot to re-install the drain plug on my 1987 Maxima (the engine survived, believe it or not, despite being driven for approx. 4 mi with zero oil (I had, however, used Slick 50 and Prolong in it with my Mobil 1 during several OCIs - don’t hold it against me too badly - I was 18 yrs old and a lot of people used those additives back then).

That sucker cranked right up and quit knocking as soon as the crankcase was refilled!

Don't change my oil anymore cause I'm old and it's against condo rules, but I did in the eighties. Had a Colt Vista (may have had both Dodge and Plymouth badges on the same car, real quality control on the docks), anyway I couldn't easily get at filter so I took it in to VIOC when they first opened the store. Had me wait in the car while some some supervisor barked orders at the peon down in the pit. "Loosen drain nut" "Drain nut loosened" "Release drain nut" "Drain nut released" "Loosen filter" "5$@#&^*(^&(*B3gDFTH$#@DD0" Remember calling out the window, "So you guys had trouble too." Took cars back a few years ago, not often, because others had oil changes. No problems IIRC.

Back