Dealerships lied.. again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Don't worry, dealers tend to treat their employees the same way. I had the TSB performed on my '14 where they replaced the front lower control arms for creaking, also the wheel was off center and I was in the 12/12 adjustment period of the warranty. They were supposed to do an alignment after the repair and when I got it back, the wheel was more off than before. Service manager accused me of making it up, mind you I used to do alignments and recently let my Suspension ASE cert expire for it not being worth the paper it is printed on.

They begrudgingly realigned it, well supposedly, because it is exactly the same angle off as before, and they would not provide me a print out. Tech said he never had a chance to look at it and the writer flagged him and closed the RO without him getting to it. Had them do it again and now the wheel points right and the car pulls left. Again no printout provided to me, and no history in the computer when I walked over to the alignment rack and pulled up vehicle history. At least it is all free.....

Sounds like incompetence at its best. You have a lot more patience than me!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Sounds like incompetence at its best. You have a lot more patience than me!

Believe me, I have not even scratched the surface of what happened to my car while in the service department's loving care.

If you've never been on their side of the situation, I would definitely suggest giving them that benefit of the doubt you mentioned. Contrary to popular belief, just because they're the dealership, doesn't mean that they can solve problems in a jiffy and aren't doing so just to make you upset. You know how much they can't wait to see you bring it back with the same concern right?

Concerns such as pulls and drifts are so deep in a pile of variables that it sometimes requires you taking a ride with the mechanic so that he's on the same page to know what you're seeing as incorrect that he may be overlooking as normal.

I once had a CR-V that wouldn't track straight after we put tires on it, and it turned out that the one particular type of tires we installed didn't agree with the Honda's suspension. Going with a different brand entirely is what fixed that problem. Alignment was set perfectly the entire time.

I will also mention that when writing factory warranty for a customer's concern, you won't typically see "wheel alignment" on your receipt just because your concern may be related to an alignment, or similar, when compared to a visit where you're paying for a wheel alignment. It's better not to jump to conclusions on it, but just work with them and they will work with you to get it right!

First, never tell the dealer what to do, unless you work for them or Honda. You can tell them symptoms, you can ask questions, but it's not only very high minded to tell them what service they should provide for a symptom not verified, but also your warranty does not authorize you to make warranty demands. The warranty states that the dealer has the right to determine the cause of the problem, as well as provide a fix for it. You're just the customer, and your right is to expect them to fix the car, not to tell them how to do that.

That said, a car with 300 miles that hasn't been subject to some trauma shouldn't be pulling due to an alignment issue, what you're describing is an off center steering wheel..easily corrected by adjusting the tie rods. With the steering wheel "off center" and on a flat straight road, if it doesn't pull or wander, that's your problem.

Next time, just give them the symptoms and let them find the cure. You distract by making your demand the issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back