Dealer Did Fantastic Job Maintain my Vehicle

ehhh...
1) that car/engine is no longer my problem ( which i know is a pretty ****ty attitude to have, and I'll have no one to blame but myself when a used car I buy has something wrong with it on a similar scale....)
2) easily fixed with a replacement junkyard head. or.. drilling out the threads and running in a helicoil, or some such, which any machine shop can easily do.
I'm not blaming you, just want share the mechanic stories I heard. :LOL: My story also include people cross threaded plugs and somehow end up broken them in half!

It wouldn't surprise me if they offered you a credit instead. You could buy a lot of oil, wiper blades and filters for $266. No matter what they do, they've been called on it.
If I was the parts department boss, I'd tell the service department where to go.... :ROFLMAO: On paper, they operate "independently" and that would mean the parts department would have to give away $266 worth of goods. All the service department can do is refund the money or do that much work for free, but if it were me, I can't trust them.

I went in for good ole engine and emission recall, half an hour later they told me my coolant and PCV valve is overdue, require immediate part replacement & flush. LoL! I just did the job 3 months ago, coolant is clean!
It's frightening how often you can read about repair shops "recommending" or saying certain services or repairs are needed when the exact work has been done very recently. Makes you think there's a random system that selects a service or services to try to see if the customer will bite... :confused:

It's frightening how often you can read about repair shops "recommending" or saying certain services or repairs are needed when the exact work has been done very recently. Makes you think there's a random system that selects a service or services to try to see if the customer will bite... :confused:
Make me thinking their "complimentary" multipoint is just a joke and they don't actually check anything except tire trend and pad thickness.:oops:

Can we trust the dealership? I would to think that we could trust and enjoy the comfort the dealership has to offer

Maybe it's time to start requesting the old parts back after job completed.
Mark old parts prior to the repair if you can and take a quick snapshot of it marked and in place. Ha.

My niece was gifted a F150 that another uncle gave her. 190K miles. Dealership maintained until she received it. I know he is pretty religious on maintenance, as he owns a Polaris dealership. Anyway, trans had an issue or 2, so I pulled the pan. Sure enough, the pan has never been off. Still had the plastic dipstick plug laying in the pan from the factory. I haven't asked him, but I would guess he paid for at least 3 maybe even 4 trans fluid and filter changes at dealership. He used it as a company truck, towing trailers very often.

BTW the spark plugs were the worst I'd ever seen. Im surprised it ran as good as it did. Im sure they were factory installed as well.

Ive had warranty work done on my wifes Dodge daily driver. And yes, I ended up fixing it the right way. Unless its an expensive item, like an engine, I won't take it to dealers anymore for warranty work.

My opinion of dealer service departments is extremely low.

If these are in fact the original plugs, the center electrodes are in amazingly good shape for 94,000 miles. The threads look like there was liberal use of anti-seize when they were installed. The insulators have some slight discoloration but really nothing crazy.

There is no platinum plug intended for use in this application. Iridium is all that is intended to go in. The mere fact that the dealer offered a platinum option makes no sense. Perhaps they realized that after asking, and used iridium anyway and just honored their original estimate.

I am not saying there isn't a chance they are still the original plugs and the OP was swindled, but I would actually expect the plugs to look a lot worse than they do. I had my share of issues with the Hyundai dealer when I owned my Sonata so I understand the skepticism.

Back