Daylight Savings Time.

dst.jpg

With my work schedule I come to work in the dark, work 12 hours and go home in the dark. Between November-April I only see daylight on my days off work. So I strongly support getting rid of daylight savings, as it does no benefit to me personally. Rest of the world is slowly phasing it out anyways. Everytime the switch happens - we end up fighting equipment issues at work for couple hours. Maybe we should send a petition to sleepy sniffer with the request to cancel daylight savings time switch.

It's all about you and the names you can call people.

Let me relay to you words of my dear old Dad. He used to say, "Things don'r just happen, things develop."

You can learn this and still be a follower of whomever you like. Just try to be a little original. "He" ain't takin' you to lunch anytime soon.

Also, if you go through life quoting people like "the orange", you got nothin'.

I like it when it was ending in Sep and begin in Apr but not the "shrunk" version we have today, we end up wasting more energy and getting up before sunrise.

I used to HATE IT with a passion when I worked shift work. Late 70s / early 80s I worked operating a distillation unit in a chemical plant. Twelve hours on and off. Two days or nights on then two off. Some way it seemed every time the change was to "fall back an hour" I would be lucky one working that control room for 13 instead of 12 hours! UGH, it used to kill me when it was the 13 long at night hours. I only did that for 4-5 years before I bailed on that job and went to straight 8 hr day shift mechanic.

Whether we use Standard Time or Daylight Saving Time would't really matter if only employers, businesses, and schools were to adjust their hours according to sunrise and sunset or whichever works for the majority.

Last edited:
It's all about you and the names you can call people.

Let me relay to you words of my dear old Dad. He used to say, "Things don'r just happen, things develop."

You can learn this and still be a follower of whomever you like. Just try to be a little original. "He" ain't takin' you to lunch anytime soon.

Also, if you go through life quoting people like "the orange", you got nothin'.
So DST is to blame for all of this?

Too bad no one told my 2-year old bundle of joy that I was supposed to get an extra hour of sleep that day of time change... She busted in and started her daily routine (starting with kicking me off the bed) when her biological clock told her, which did not match DST change...

Back