Danner vs. Rocky boot dressings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to start a discussion here regarding Rocky silicone boot grease vs Danner boot dressing. True, I now prefer Obenauf's LP, but have found two pairs of boots I currently own simply do no seem to take this up very well...or at all actually.

As for the Danner product, I am very familiar and used it for a while for the occasional full conditioning after a good clean. Almost always topped with kiwi polish. I used the black dressing and black polish on black....Danners. It certainly worked fine, but the leather did seem to dry/brown out within a month of two and the polish would wear away faster and faster. I used this on pair of imported Danners which saw regular cleaning, conditioning and polishing and after about 7 years the leather is cracking and failing at the vamp flex point. For a point of debate the Obenauf's I use now "seems" to condition the leather better; it feels softer, breaks in nicer and appears to last longer between any type of maintenance but does not accept polish.

The Rocky product I have zero experience with but its cheaper than the Danner dressing. Has anybody used it? Like I said, two of my boots have some type of surface finishing so my Obenauf's doesn't work. I could wait for them to season a little and start using obenauf's down the road. Which is likely. But I like to explore options!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back