Danica Patrick IRL Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she did a pretty good job in the 500. All rookies (and some veterans) make mistakes, but over all she did good. I have to admit I was pulling for her to win.

quote:

Originally posted by tweeker43:
sarah fisher never got the equipment that danica patrick had.

kind of like michael andretti in f1.

The McLaren-Ford scored 73 points for Ayrton Senna in 1993, second only to Alain Prost's 99 for Williams-Renault. Michael Andretti scored 7 points in 13 races in the McLaren-Ford. Michael may have occasionally been given a car with development parts, but the bottom line is he was accident prone and off the pace.

I like Andretti, and he had a terrific car in 1993. He underestimated the pace of Senna and lost confidence when he was consistently much slower than Senna. With more time, he might have made a mark on F1.

In the few races they shared at Williams, Senna was much quicker than Damon Hill, and look where Damon went later in his career. I'm sure Michael Andretti could have done at least as well as Damon (and Jacques Villeneuve). Having the best car always helps a lot! Damon and Jacques had by far the best car in 1996 and 1997. Michael would have won the drivers title in that car and a few years of F1 under his belt.

I saw those pics before the link was deleted and she is now my favorite racer. If you prefer fat good ol' boys have fun.

I bet I can still parallel park better than her!
grin.gif

patriot.gif
cheers.gif

The link was deleted because of the language in the thread following the pictures. The pictures were very nice, just the posters on that site were terrible.

rolleyes.gif

in reality who cares what is under the helmet and sitting in the car. I watch racing for the race, not what so and so looks like, what their hobbys are, etc. I'd really like to see a great female driver in the NASCAR good ol' boys club to shake things up.

quote:

Originally posted by keith:

In the few races they shared at Williams, Senna was much quicker than Damon Hill, and look where Damon went later in his career. I'm sure Michael Andretti could have done at least as well as Damon (and Jacques Villeneuve). Having the best car always helps a lot! Damon and Jacques had by far the best car in 1996 and 1997. Michael would have won the drivers title in that car and a few years of F1 under his belt.

yeah, i was remembering just that mclaren was running a year old engine, not all the other stuff that surrounded that season. michael flying back to the u.s. between races, all the crashes, etc...

not a good example.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
As stated above, reality is she is a good looking female doing very well in a MALE dominated sport. Good for her. I personally like this chick. Down to earth from what I can tell, and seems to be level headed. I'm sure some would rather see her at home barefoot and pregnant, but those days are over. To each their own.
wink.gif

Amen, Buster
cheers.gif

The days that men dominate are over - and good riddance! Women are smarter, faster, and can tell the difference between taking chances and aggression
grin.gif

She does have a nice little advantage in the IRL. They base their minimum weight on the car only. Every other racing series in the World bases minimum weight on the car and driver combined. She has a 100 pound weight advantage over alot of other drivers which is a huge advantage.

[ June 05, 2005, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Brett Miller ]

In Moto GP, riders of different weights compete with the same weight machines and with so much less weight concerning motorcycle racing of machine and rider, they don't whine about other riders.

100 lbs. is not a huge advantage. An advantage, but a far bigger advantage is sponsorship.

There are males drivers who weight 50 lbs. less than others, where's the huge advantage and no whining there.

What about the difference between men and women in upper body strength? Most of the guys she is racing against are more like 140 lb to 160lb drivers. Have you ever seen how small the average IRL driver is? Try 5'5" to 5'7" is more like the average height.

SPEED channel just did a small segment with her. She is so **** cute!

the more I see her doing tv ads, the more I'm into her. so what she's a female race car driver, finding a chick into cars period is tough not only that but a hot chick into cars
grin.gif

Michael didn't have the attitude to make it. When he was slower and lost confidence the errors were laughable. Now his dad was a totally different matter, he could really drive. One of the best.

I don't want to sound sexist, just say the truth...that is, I am sure I am not the only person on this board who'd love to see Danica make a deal with Larry Flynt or Bob Guccione...even a deal with Hef would be nice to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back