Dale Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a big fan and wish to see the man back in victory lane and even win a Sprint Cup title. Problem is I do not think the title will happen and wonder when the next victory will come- Next Year? He is in the best equipment in Nascar, probably has one of the highest funded teams if not the highest and yet they are on the chase bubble. Mr. Hendrick gave him more technical help from the 5 car which may have hurt Mark Martin. Dale Jr. can drive a car when everything is handling well and he has confidence. What do you think? What needs to happen to get that team going since next year is his contract year. My view his he will not be back at Hendrick. Just to much pressure to compete with the 48, 24 and the memories of his dad.

What do I think? I think he's had a heckuva a time coping with being the son of the late Dale Earnhardt and the pressure that comes with that. He has the talent to win and be a champion, but does he have the mindset and drive to do it? He hasn't shown it lately. I think he has some personal issues and demons to figure out; if he can get those solved and his mind clear, he can do it.

The problem is, everyone wants him to be like his Dad, and that is not going to happen nor should it. There was only one Dale Earnhardt and that is the way it should be. Jimmy Johnson is good, but the main reason for him winning all those championships is his crew chief, who happens to be one of the best in NASCAR. You have to almost have perfect chemistry between the driver and crew chief and Dale Jr. does not have that.

Most all championships within the last 20 years was because of the chemistry between the driver and the crew chief. The good equipment is a plus.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/276706-dale-earnhartd-jr-has-a-problem

"It's very obvious that Dale Sr cared only for himself in the beginning of his driving career. Children with three different wives and no financial support for the ex's or the children while they lived with their Mothers. As Kelly stated, Brenda's house burnt down and she had to move back home and THEN Dale Sr. took Kelly and Dale Jr. into his home and sent both of them off to military school."

If you've read about Jr and his sisters life, Sr. (and his step mom Teressa) didn't exactly care for them in the beginning. They had some rough times. When he was winning races and championships while his dad was still alive, he didn't have to deal with those thoughts and mixed emotions from when he grew up, but now they are there. He needs to deal with them and move on.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Jimmy Johnson is good, but the main reason for him winning all those championships is his crew chief, who happens to be one of the best in NASCAR.

While I'll agree that it takes a good combination of crew chief and driver, Jimmie Johnson is more then a good driver, he's astoundingly good. He's got the technical ability to feel what a car is doing and have his crew chief make the car perfect. However, I don't think he's as good as some other drivers at driving a bad/lose car, such as Kyle Busch. That kid can drive the wheels off a lose race car!

Dale Jr. is concerned with his image and how people perceive him. He is a excellent role model and a very modest person. No one probably really knows how much money he gives to charity. The effort to drive the car is there, the first race at Pocono he was so loose the whole race he was on the verge of crashing several times but he hung in there. You can see more confidence this year but if he would worry less about what other people think. He made the comment on one interview about having a child out of wedlock and what people would think of that.

I had an unpleasant experience with Mr. Johnson at Daytona two years ago and I could care less if he never wins another championship. I keep waiting for Kyle to grow up and loose that attitude he has now, then I might cheer for him. His brother Kurt had that attitude when he first started but he finally grew out of it.

Please tell us about your experience with Johnson! I don't like him or root for him - seems like an arrogant [censored], but he's a darn good race car driver.

I think Kyle's finally starting to grow up. I like his attitude! He's a rebel.

RedOak,
I'm with you, I just lowered my expectations and take what JR gives me, which hasn't been that bad this year. The way he goes for wins when he can is amazing ( Daytona 500 this year, 1 great 2nd place finish) . He is a great driver, just not a legend like SR

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Please tell us about your experience with Johnson! I don't like him or root for him - seems like an arrogant [censored].

I will just say this pretty much sums it up.

Just like Kyle Petty, He just doesn't have the talent. Maybe Nationwide Ins will offer him a long term contract.

Originally Posted By: 05ChevyI5
Just like Kyle Petty, He just doesn't have the talent. Maybe Nationwide Ins will offer him a long term contract.

My sentiments exactly!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Please tell us about your experience with Johnson! I don't like him or root for him - seems like an arrogant [censored], but he's a darn good race car driver.

I think Kyle's finally starting to grow up. I like his attitude! He's a rebel.

You think Johnson is arrogant and Kyle is not? Don't see that one, but to each his own. I don't personally know either one, but Kyle seems like a cry baby when things aren't going his way. I guess spoiled brat comes to mind. Johnson, if he truly is arrogant has at least earned the right to be.

Listen to Jimmie and Chad diagnose the car on the radio and then listen to Dale Jr. and his crew chief (any one of the many he has had) and that will tell you why he isn't winning. I'm not a huge Jimmie fan, but I can appreciate his talent that complements a dang good crew chief.

Originally Posted By: tmorris1

You think Johnson is arrogant and Kyle is not?

I do. Johnson has been known to be a total **** to fans. Kyle is not. He's just a young guy with [censored] and vinegar running through his veins, but he'll at least do autographs.

I like Dale, and I think not too long from now he should do fine. (Won't be for this team, though)

While Dale is concerned about his image, I'd be more worried about NASCAR's image....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back