da backing plate question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to order my first DA polisher. I have searched and concluded that the Griots machines is best for my 1st time user needs. It comes with a 6 inch backing plate.

I want to order some smaller backing plates. Will the LC or 3M
smaller backing plates that fiat the PC also fit the Griots machine? on autogeek it only says they fit the PC doesn't say anything about smaller backing plates for the Griots.

I was thinking of a 4 or 5 inch backing plate to supplement the 6 inch that comes with it. I also plan on ordering some LC hydrotech pads. Any comments on colors would be appreciated.
I have zaino products and will also purchsed MG 105/205 polish.

I'm quite positive the backing plates also fit Griots. Griots would be my choice as well. Can't beat the lifetime warranty! Most recommend 5.5" pads and 5" backing plate for DAs. It sounds like you've done your homework. Give AG a call, or search AG.net for a definite answer. Megs new MF pad system is also tempting.

Edit: Here's your answer:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ques...-backplate.html

Griot's, PC XP, and Meg's DA's share the same thread size

Last edited:
The Griot's machine is really strong and will spin 6.5" pads easily even leaning into it. With 5.5" pads you can get excellent results at a slower speed setting on some panels. Consider getting the one with the longer cord. I'm so glad I did.

I'm fixin to upgrade my PC's to a Griots machine. I've used it and a Meguiars G110 and really like the Griots product. A noticable step up from a PC.

I ordered the Griots with the longer cord. I also got an additonal 5 inch backing plate and various 5.5 and 6.5 inch pads.

I have used nothing but zaino for years, but I did order a megs 105 and 205 to practice on my old geo metro first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back