CycleRX Rinse Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I am going to start a CycleRX cleaning phase in the next few days, and I need some suggestions on what would be a good oil to use for the rinse phase.

The bike is a 2003 Yamaha YZF-R6. I currently have Amsoil's 10w40 Motorcycle oil in the motor and an EA oil filter. The bike has a wet clutch. Coolant temps can see as high as 220F is stop n go traffic. Redline is 15.5k rpms.

I need a good rinse oil that can hold up well and not affect the clutch...any suggestions?

The r6 has a very high revving engine....I can imagine that even regular highway riding would see the engine averaging a fairly high rpm...What kind of rpms do you see when riding at 70 mph in top gear ?

I'm right about to hit the rinse cycle on my 2002 CBR600F4i. I plan to use Rotella T 15W40 (CJ-4). I have valvoline 10W40 in there right now for the clean phase. I'm right about 5.5K at 70 mph. My redline is 14.2k RPM, so similar to your R6.

im not exactly sure, but I believe it would be right around 6k rpms. I dont do much cruising at a steady speed, my bike is for pleasure. I mostly use it for weekend rides thru the mountains, hardly ever getting out of 3rd gear.....2nd redlines at 91mph. if I had to just cruise around, I would make myself do it for the next couple thousand miles to get the motor all cleaned up.

Is the Rotella 15w40(CJ-4) a group III synthetic? I emailed Shell, and the pretty much told me it was a secret to the company, but would be ok with my wet clutch.

Is it ok to do the cleaning phase while using the Amsoil 10w40?

Last edited:
Any dino oil with a good detergent package will work very well for rinse phase.

Consider a 15w-40 HDEO, perhaps in the CJ-4. Those are loaded with detergents and dispersants; they will help carry out anything the CRX broke down.

Last edited:
Autozone's Coastal 15W40 HDEO. It did a fine job as the rinse oil in my GL1800. Gave good protection in spite of 2% fuel dilution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back