Cut wix 57035

Was in service on a Briggs Vanguard v twin for 1 year. No issues noted. Combo valve in this filter, likely due to being too short for a separate bypass valve.

20200201_194418.jpg

20200201_194432.jpg

20200201_194440.jpg

20200201_194450.jpg

Last edited:
Man, that combo valve takes up half the filter space. One of the big reasons I don't like them.
Surprised to see a combo valve in a Wix branded filter, I thought those were only their low tier filters (Pro-Tec and Microgard).

Weird seeing a combo valve in a Wix Gold, thought that was usually SIlver, Pro Select, etc. That's on of the shortest filter media sections I've ever seen!

OPE application filter, small element, that said I'd say it got the job done. As for combo valve use, OPE application the reason, iirc at least one similar posted before. Wix/Napa Gold automotive/vehicle applications majority traditional thread end bypass, some dome.

For comparison, the B&S equivalent filter element posted here not much if at all bigger. Same member compared slightly longer Wix OPE to the B&S here. That Wix uses traditional thread end bypass and bigger element.

I use the Napa Gold 1348 for my Kohler engine application. The OP may not have room for the longer application though.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
OPE application filter, small element, that said I'd say it got the job done. As for combo valve use, OPE application the reason, iirc at least one similar posted before. Wix/Napa Gold automotive/vehicle applications majority traditional thread end bypass, some dome.

For comparison, the B&S equivalent filter element posted here not much if at all bigger. Same member compared slightly longer Wix OPE to the B&S here. That Wix uses traditional thread end bypass and bigger element.

I use the Napa Gold 1348 for my Kohler engine application. The OP may not have room for the longer application though.

Thanks for c&p.

You are right Sayjac, I don't have room for the taller 51348. This tractor has side covers over the engine that kind of restrict what filter i can use.
I actually found an in between size, but cant remember the part number. I am running the Amsoil equivalent right now, and will post pics when that gets changed in the spring.

I'm going to speculate the in between size is equivalent to Wix 51056 shown in previous link. Looks like it's somewhat longer than B&S but not as long as 5/1348.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
I'm going to speculate the in between size is equivalent to Wix 51056 shown in previous link. Looks like it's somewhat longer than B&S but not as long as 5/1348.

That looks like the one!

My oil filter on my Briggs motor is not covered so it gets the Wix 51348
I suspect if you change the oil yearly that smaller filter is doing a fine job

Back