Customers I Don't like

We sell starters for Harleys. I personally open, check and fix if needed every starter. They also get marked.

I have someone call say it will not crank. Get it back and it has been disassembled, they exchanged the motor with one that was all rusted and burned up. we ate it, but now the motor case gets marked also. that person is blackballed by me.

NOT a fan of PP but used them in the past LAST RESORT!!! been lucky with E-Bay with only one issue when a seller claimed 2 parts ordered not one!! gotta watch windows 10 as my cursor closes or opens things just passing by!!

Oh yeah I fire customers too, definitely need to avoid repeats.

People like that WILL get their just reward eventually. I just don't know how they can live like that and sleep at night. Totally seared conscious I guess.

Oh yeah I fire customers too, definitely need to avoid repeats.

People like that WILL get their just reward eventually. I just don't know how they can live like that and sleep at night. Totally seared conscious I guess.
Me too. They run around and disparage you but always come home to Datty...........lol :love:

Usually with the line......... " You don't remember me" Yeah right- I don't remember what day it is but
remember every loser that crossed my path.

Unfortunately the time, aggravation, bad reviews and money wasted on these types of things is a cost of doing business online. Even retail outlets these days are forced by competition to have liberal refund policies. I've heard of folks buying mechanical equipment, using it for a while and then returning it to the store (Costco in the example I am remembering) for a full refund, claiming the equipment is not broke.

The costs of these sort of things has to be baked into the prices of things sold. Honest and honorable folks are being charged the same load for these costs as are the less than honest and honorable folks.

No from my webstore
I see this often when they buy a very small item under $10
They claim the wrong part was sent to get it free
One clue is if they don't come to me first. Being in the game for decades excuses and lies
won't fly so they try to go around me. Proof- they never want to send it back.
Gotcha. Makes sense now.

Reminds of what my dad went through except opposite. He bought (2) Datsun 240z signal stalks and received (2) Nissan 280zx stalks. The seller accused him of claiming what he received wasn’t what to they shipped.

Some people have a return fetish and love buying things with the full intention of returning them. We started charging customers the restocking fee that GM charges us on special order parts that aren't protected (free return) under GM's Retail Inventory Management. Even though we explained it to death to one lady, and basically tried to do everything we could to get her to have the vehicle diagnosed, she insisted on special ordering a non-protected part that she was told would not fix her car. One fixed income meltdown to the general manager later and she has all her money back and we are stuck with a part that we cannot sell because nobody on earth actually needs it...GM knew that, we knew that, everything was explained multiple times to the customer, and still blind, determined stupidity won the day. Now we have a part nobody needs tying up our inventory, and people like that wonder why we don't want to give them the time of day. I really think some people just like the thrill of the return, I don't know what they get out of it, but they are determined that they will not leave empty handed, they will leave with something to later return and create some sort of fiasco.

Some people have a return fetish and love buying things with the full intention of returning them. We started charging customers the restocking fee that GM charges us on special order parts that aren't protected (free return) under GM's Retail Inventory Management. Even though we explained it to death to one lady, and basically tried to do everything we could to get her to have the vehicle diagnosed, she insisted on special ordering a non-protected part that she was told would not fix her car. One fixed income meltdown to the general manager later and she has all her money back and we are stuck with a part that we cannot sell because nobody on earth actually needs it...GM knew that, we knew that, everything was explained multiple times to the customer, and still blind, determined stupidity won the day. Now we have a part nobody needs tying up our inventory, and people like that wonder why we don't want to give them the time of day. I really think some people just like the thrill of the return, I don't know what they get out of it, but they are determined that they will not leave empty handed, they will leave with something to later return and create some sort of fiasco.
I think some people have a shopping addiction. Those same people are those "repeat returners". I saw that constantly in my days of retail. They buy a ton of stuff and come back the next day returning every bit of it. Honestly looks like they never even took it out of the bag.

Last edited:
Places I like Walmart and Amazon helped create this.
Usually they give in and tell you to keep it.
So buyers assume a small business is open to the same scamming.

100% on that and like said above, it's how some people roll these days. Instant access to "info", expect things ASAP, etc.. :(

I used to do some selling on eBay and the likes. I won't anymore unless I think it's absolutely worth it.

Heck, even giving something away though a FB group or an APP is a nightmare with people bombarding you with messages.

I gotta ask.....Can sellers specify, "All sales final"?

I suppose that would make competing sellers much more attractive.
Not really, ebay submits to their buyers' demands. You can list something as being in exactly the condition it is stated to be, provide several pictures, write paragraph long descriptions, and people will still file a dispute and try to screw you over. It's why many people are no longer selling on ebay.

Ebay's latest rules are that you link your bank account info, likely so they can process customer refunds directly from your account. That was the last straw for me.

As a buyer, I've made my mistake of ordering the wrong thing before.

If it's an inexpensive item I'll eat it and re-order the correct one.

If it's more expensive, I sometimes will ASK the seller if they'll accept a return/exchange for what I should have ordered, of course always say I'll cover both shipping charges and any necessary restocking fees, and understand if they can't/won't. Of course, all of that assumes I realize the part is wrong before I open it-once open I figure I own it.

As a seller, I have made a mistake before, and go out of my way to fix it. I also remember companies that do the same. On example that comes to mind of getting the "wrong" item-I have in the past done a lot of business with used camera retailer KEH out of Georgia. A few years ago, I ordered a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 AF-S VR lens-not an inexpensive lens. They had a few options in inventory, and one was advertised as having a Kirk tripod foot-an aftermarket part that's really useful if you use a certain type of tripod head(which I do). and that I think sells for over $100. I paid a $40 premium over a comparable condition example. It arrives with the standard Nikon supplied foot. I call them up, explain the situation, and the person I talk to asks me to give him a day to see if he can either locate a spare Kirk foot in their inventory or refund me the difference-something I readily agreed to. A day goes by and I don't hear from them, and I'm just getting ready to call them when a package arrives. I open it and find a brand-new still in package Kirk foot that they'd sent me overnight. I call them up anyway, say I'd received it, and ask the guy I'd talked to what to do with the old one-he says "Just keep it." That's good customer service, and why I talk the place up to everyone I can.

Still, though, it goes both ways and just be respectful and own your mistakes whichever side of the deal you're on.

Get up this AM and have a PayPal dispute
Guy buys a part from me- synthetic seal.
Never emailed me before or after. Gets three day service across the country.
He on his own orders something that has absolutely no application for his use he claims.
Does he contact me and send it back for a refund.
No- he goes to PP and cries I sent him the wrong part.

I go right to PP myself and ream him- you made a mistake. You never contacted me prior or after the sale.
Man up and send it back for an instant refund minus the shipping because you have wasted both our time
and not me.

His trick is to just get the charge refunded in full or he lied and has the part he needed and wants it for free.
An honest person would ask prior or contact the vendor afterwards.
Nothing new under the sun.

You may think I'm rude but I know the kind all too well.

Wont do paypal.

Back