Customer service rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: Won't name the company since they made it right.

Had a poor experience with a product over the weekend. Emailed the manufacturer that evening saying there was a manufacturer defect and that it was recently purchased and not used since purchasing. Ranted about it to co workers, showed photos etc. and received rightful sympathy. Received an email on Monday about an hour before they closed (too late to respond by the time I read it) saying I could ship it back and use their lifetime warranty replacement. Shipping would be what? ~$6 plus time, gas etc. Ohhhh okay.

Fast forward to today when I had time to call and fully explain the situation. The lady said she'd happily give me the address to where I could ship the item for the lifetime replacement. I politely told her I could find that myself as it was next to the 800 number on their web page, which is what I just dialed to get to her. I then asked if the company expected me to ship back a faulty product on my dime.. She then reviewed the price of the item and is shipping me a replacement for free. Zero questions asked with no obligation to return the faulty part. The conversation was finished by her saying I should have bought direct rather than third party and by me saying I saved $50 by not doing so. It's a sad day, but no more recommending this product (*or manufacturer) from me. I am done.

I realize they did me right and I have really no right to complain, but wouldn't you think they'd do me right during the email conversation?

Discuss...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Disclaimer: Won't name the company since they made it right.

Had a poor experience with a product over the weekend. Emailed the manufacturer that evening saying there was a manufacturer defect and that it was recently purchased and not used since purchasing. Ranted about it to co workers, showed photos etc. and received rightful sympathy. Received an email on Monday about an hour before they closed (too late to respond by the time I read it) saying I could ship it back and use their lifetime warranty replacement. Shipping would be what? ~$6 plus time, gas etc. Ohhhh okay.

Fast forward to today when I had time to call and fully explain the situation. The lady said she'd happily give me the address to where I could ship the item for the lifetime replacement. I politely told her I could find that myself as it was next to the 800 number on their web page, which is what I just dialed to get to her. I then asked if the company expected me to ship back a faulty product on my dime.. She then reviewed the price of the item and is shipping me a replacement for free. Zero questions asked with no obligation to return the faulty part. The conversation was finished by her saying I should have bought direct rather than third party and by me saying I saved $50 by not doing so. It's a sad day, but no more recommending this product (*or manufacturer) from me. I am done.

I realize they did me right and I have really no right to complain, but wouldn't you think they'd do me right during the email conversation?

Discuss...

She should just have left well-enough-alone. This comment had the possibility of sparking a separate, equally intense "discussion".

Glad it was resolved.

Maybe that $50 savings wasn't such a great deal.
Not a smart remark but sometimes a deal ain't a deal.
Been there.

So stop complaining and move on.
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

So stop complaining and move on.
coffee2.gif

Am I not allowed to rant? This is the off topic forum is it not?

Last edited:
Of course you can rant. That's what this thread is here for.
I'm just replying to your rant saying that it's not worth getting worked up over.

If by posting this rant you were able to get it off your chest and move on, then it's been a successful post
thumbsup2.gif

Too many unknowns to really form a solid opinion.. How come you went through the manufacturer instead of returning the item to the retailer? It's usually easier to go through the retailer in my opinion, unless the item was purchased on ebay or something, then I can understand why the csr might have said what she said. As in, maybe she was making an exception, and that was her way of letting you know that. With that said, I understand why you're a little upset with what she said.

I agree with you 100%, I have had a few items over the past few years that I can remember where the company "offered a free replacement on my dime". Most recently was Jegs, sent me a damaged hitch for my car, offered to replace it, shipping a 70 lbs hitch was more than the cost of the hitch. After several complaints, they sent me a prepaid label however it was a issue that should not have occurred in the first place!

Originally Posted By: sxg6
Too many unknowns to really form a solid opinion.. How come you went through the manufacturer instead of returning the item to the retailer? It's usually easier to go through the retailer in my opinion, unless the item was purchased on ebay or something, then I can understand why the csr might have said what she said. As in, maybe she was making an exception, and that was her way of letting you know that. With that said, I understand why you're a little upset with what she said.

Perhaps I should have gone through the retailer or at least tried, but I figured time was too far gone for that. 30 day return sort of thing...

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Give us a hint to the product.

I'd like to buy a vowel.

I'm going to say that it was for a vibrator.

46762_2000x2000.jpg

A concrete vibrator, you pervs!

BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back