Custom Blending Technics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys what are your secrets for your custom blends of oil.

do you stick with same grades when mixing plain dino with synthetic?

do you stick with same brands?

What kind of ratio's are you mixing?

i've been thinking of running a custom mix of my own.

I'm planning on using regular Havoline Dino, mixing it with Havoline Full Synthetic.

I plain on using 2 quarts of the Full Syn, and then 3.5 quarts of regular Havoline.

Tell me what you think.

quote:

I plain on using 2 quarts of the Full Syn, and then 3.5 quarts of regular Havoline.

Tell me what you think.

The underpinning of brewing is to test your brew through analysis at least a few times to understand how it is interacting with your engine.

It would be helpful to post your vehicle, engine, miles, driving habits, and any other information you think might be helpful. Then people here can make informed recommendations.

I see no reason at this time for concern about the brew you are planning to use.

well this mix that i'd be using would be going into a 97' Thunderbird with the 4.6 liter V8 with almost 89,000 miles

after the first oil change of this mix i'd plan on doing a UOA and find out just what would be going on.
Well driving habits would be aggressive, i only drive this car in the summer so cold weather isn't an issue, it would be city/hwy driving day to day.

but i may do an Auto-RX phase before this.

I think your mix will be fine. It is a home made synthetic blend and I would not worry about UOA or anything else. If the engine is filthy, you may want to try a cleaning method first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back