Cursor Problem

never a curser issue until W 10 it opens + closes stuff just "going by' NO CLICKING!! I tried adjustments without help. recently i rec'd an autoship from Swanson BUT being the good company they are they instructed me to use their free return label for a complete refund including shipping, they are a great supplement company IMO.

When I turn on my computer the cursor goes all the way to the left and keeps going up and down quickly. My mouse is doing
nothing, but after 10 minutes the computer works fine. Help!
Does this happen if unplug the mouse if external one? If does not happen with mouse unplugged replace it and be done with it.

Is this a laptop or a PC? If a laptop the trackpad may be acting up, not your mouse.
If indeed it is a laptop, you can turn off the mousepad when an external mouse is connected. This should be in Control Panel somewhere.

If it’s a PC try connecting to a different USB port, you can give it a shot with the laptop as well

Used to happen with an old Compaq laptop I had. The touchpad had started going bad.

I have a touch screen that also causes this behaviour. Unplugging it and plugging it back in fixes it.

(my touch screen issues are magnified 100% in the summer months when house flys decide to sit and run across the silly thing).

If you have an optomechanical mouse make sure the optical window below the sensor is clean and that there isn't a tiny hair or piece of dust
causing erratic behavior.

Back