curious as to what folks are using here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a new set of tires for my 08 ford ranger fx4 has anyone had any luck with either the General Grabber A/T or the Bridgestone Dueler Revo2? I live in central alberta and we tend to get alot of ice and snow just wondering if anyone has any opinions on these two tires?

I ran the Generals for a bit. Our weather can be extreme here too. I found that the absolute best for me in snow, and especially ice was the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmors. Are they within your price range?

I've had 6 years on Maxxis Bravo 751 with good results, including limited ice and snow (I couldn't stand up, but car did), and have switched to Maxxis 700s the other week.

Get some nokian vatiiva's, I have them on my 03 Ranger and they are great in the snow.

I had General Altimax R/Ts on the front at one point
Invader Radials on the back

I like these much better (Dunlop Rover H/T)

though If i could find the invaders again, id run em, they were older than the Altimax's and had more tread when i switched

Thanks everyone for their input. I have ran the Goodyears as well as the Vatiivas, its just the local shop has a deal almost too good to pass up on the dueler revos, they dont have the coveted "snowflake" indicating severve weather so was just wondering how they would handle in the ice and snow.

The Revos were pretty popular on some Ranger boards and seem to have good reviews in general. Usually they are expensive, so if you're getting a deal on them I'd go for it.

Originally Posted By: BlueOval
Looking for a new set of tires for my 08 ford ranger fx4 has anyone had any luck with either the General Grabber A/T or the Bridgestone Dueler Revo2? I live in central alberta and we tend to get alot of ice and snow just wondering if anyone has any opinions on these two tires?...Thanks everyone for their input. I have ran the Goodyears as well as the Vatiivas, its just the local shop has a deal almost too good to pass up on the dueler revos, they dont have the coveted "snowflake" indicating severve weather so was just wondering how they would handle in the ice and snow.

You couldn't pay me to put a Junkyear tire on a vehicle of mine. No way and that includes the Silent Armour model which is probably there best tire in their whole line. My Brother is a GY fan for some reason and is running those and they stink. 3 have been replaced n less than a year due to deffects. IMO avoid Junkyear.

The General Grabber AT's are just "ok". Nothing special but generally affordable. They wouldn't be my 1st choice for your needs but if money is a factor and they are the best deal I would do it.

I haven't run the Revo2's but the origial Revo's were awesome in the snow. Best AT I have ever run in winter weather. As the other member ^^^ said if they are on sale for a good deal snap them up!

Two other tires to consider, if the pricing makes sense, would be...

1) - Bridgestone Dueler AT D695. The D695 is a Revo Jr of sorts( compare the tread patterns and you will see what I mean )and generally less $$$. Very high praise in reviews.

2) - Firestone Destination AT. NOT the Wilderness AT; the Destinaton AT! This is a very popular AT that gets excellent winter weather reviews. Generally less than the Bridgestone AT's by a good amount.

Last edited:
got a set of hakk 5's studded for the winter up here, wasnt looking but too good of a deal to pass on. Don't think i will be slidding through any intersections this year. Cant wait for the first bad weather to go have some fun lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back