Cummins 5.9 Head Gasket Concerns

Still can’t verify the source - HG or thermostat housing.

Cleaned things up as best as I could with a toothbrush and steel wool. It’s tight in there.
View attachment 70749

Did about 70 miles of driving, half at about 70 MPH, half around 55 stop and go.

Then saw this:

View attachment 70752View attachment 70753View attachment 70754View attachment 70756

Very frustrating that I can’t tell where this is actually coming from. Any thoughts based upon these images?

Again, not opposed to putting a HG on it, but might start with the thermostat assuming I can get the bolts loose…

Thoughts?
Did this end up being the head gasket?? I’m having the exact same problem in the exact same area. Just leaking on the corner there

Attachments

• 1B5461FD-654C-4195-90F5-1F55BC9A444D.jpeg
    1B5461FD-654C-4195-90F5-1F55BC9A444D.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 22
Did this end up being the head gasket?? I’m having the exact same problem in the exact same area. Just leaking on the corner there
That’s worse than mine has ever been. TBH I haven’t done my HG yet, partially because I’m semi-tempted to DIY, and partially because a huge number of other time commitments have occurred since then, including a new baby.

But with that much I’d be looking to do a HG. Seems like a best practice and what I’ll be doing.

That’s worse than mine has ever been. TBH I haven’t done my HG yet, partially because I’m semi-tempted to DIY, and partially because a huge number of other time commitments have occurred since then, including a new baby.

But with that much I’d be looking to do a HG. Seems like a best practice and what I’ll be doing.
Congratulations on the baby. Your first?

Back